Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Est. Renaissance $21M, TBOSS $14.5M, Godzilla -1.0 $11.03M, Trolls 3 $7.60M, Wish $7.41M, Napoleon $7.13M, Animal $6.14M, The Shift $4.36M &The Marvels $2.51M

6 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

The Marvels

$116.3M OS / $80.7M DOM / $197M WW

From @Disney - With "The Marvels" box office now winding down, we will stop weekend reporting of International/Global grosses on this title. ~ via @ERC

lower than Green Lantern, Ghost Rider

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

He faced his Waterloo

XD

What's frustrating about this movie is the interest was there based on how it well it started out last weekend but the movie could not back that up. . There is a good movie trying to break out but it does not get quite get there. Ridley still shows what a master of action and large scale battle sequences he is. Let's hope for Gladiator 2 him and David Scarpa can figure the story and script part out to go along with the action or that is going to be one of next years most disappointing movies.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

@M37 Godzilla is in the double digits!!

... atleast as long as the estimate is accurate 😄

I’ll eat some crow on this one, that is a massive Saturday increase (+42% from TRri) for a film that all indications was going to have limited GA appeal and much smaller 

• Like 2

Just now, M37 said:

I’ll eat some crow on this one, that is a massive Saturday increase (+42% from TRri) for a film that all indications was going to have limited GA appeal and much smaller 

I do really believe that its the WOM that helped it get that Sat increase. YouTube especially is just full of highly positive reviews, the buzz is actually insane for a foreign movie release.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

The Marvels

From @Disney - With "The Marvels" box office now winding down, we will stop weekend reporting of International/Global grosses on this title. ~ via @ERC

Oh wow are they going to leave it as under $200m? 

• Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Now, I really wonder how much will this movie make in the box office?

The drop is pretty bad.

Around $60M-$65M domestic I think? Theatres are probably going to keep Trolls over this over the holidays, which will probably nullify the lack of a Disney+ penalty that Encanto and Strange World dealt with. This will probably lose theatres pretty quickly too since unlike Encanto or Moana, it's not doing very well relative to the marketplace right now. Weaker WoM will also hurt the drops. At least it's crossing $100M worldwide, but that's not ringing a lot of hope when this is barely going to be over what Raya did DOM in early 2021 as a hybrid release when there were half as many theatres playing the movie.

On 12/2/2023 at 8:42 PM, VanillaSkies said:

I think Renaissance will still play at some AMC theatres. AMC stands to make too much profit for them to toss it aside. Even the Eras tour is still playing this weekend at a lot of AMC theatres. They want to soak up every cent they’ll get as a distributor to add to what the theatres % usually is. 

Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some AMC’s playing Eras over the Christmas week for that same reason.

Eras is still playing in theaters?

Edited by Taylor89

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Impressive legs. This thing is gonna end up finishing with a multiplier close to 3.5!

At $121m now...will easily finish over $140m but I'm hoping it does $150m.

It reminds me of FB1's domestic run. It may not have opened as high as people expected it to, but it more than made up for it in stronger than expected legs.

1 minute ago, Taylor89 said:

Eras is still playing in theaters?

Eras is still in 646 theatres and grossed $550k this weekend. A hefty drop, but the PTA is still higher than that of The Marvels which is still playing in over 3,000 theatres.

• Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, M37 said:

Great WOM. No one has anything bad to say about the film.

And it did great for the budget, but it definitely still has limited GA appeal.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Great WOM. No one has anything bad to say about the film.

And it did great for the budget, but it definitely still has limited GA appeal.

Yep I will be there on Opening weekend for GVK; New Empire but this as good as WOM is not something I would see in a theater and I am not alone in that. Glad it is doing well though. Anything to help the Box office be a little better.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, M37 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sunday ends up coming in a bit higher. It’s still selling very well at theaters around me today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

The Marvels

I have no words. This is truly one of a kind as far as megaflops go.

On a more positive note, great opening for Godzilla there! I'm sure it'll give Warner and Legendary the morale boost they need as they kick off marketing for their own new Godzilla movie tonight. Hopefully this'll encourage foreign distributors to start pursuing Minus One. I'd love to see this in theaters but we still don't have an official release announced here in Turkey. Fingers crossed it doesn't just get dumped on a streaming service!

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

The Marvels

how much did it do this weekend os?