LegendaryBen

Weekend Thread - (January 26-28)

6 hours ago, DAJK said:

You underestimating the power of Gosling.

Yeah 

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

His movie is coming out in May. It kicks off the summer season. And yes, a combo of star power from Barbenheimer, interest in romcom and action should boost its boxoffice. 

Yeah I can not wait until that first weekend of May when people are shocked about this movie and well it does even though  they should not be. They are giving it the kickoff to summer date and it is getting it's World premeire at South By Southwest  two months early in March unless this is a Dial of Destiny like miscalculation this is a huge boost of Confidence. 

7 minutes ago, dallas said:

Yeah I definitely see The Fall Guy doing well. My bold prediction of the year is that Twisters will surprise too. I can see that landing in the Top 10 this year. 

Yep I can see it with Twister too. 

5 minutes ago, JonathanMB said:

I'm guessing Mean Girls takes back #1 after Amazon/MGM projected a small -35% drop for Beekeeper yesterday, that's not happening.

As a foreigner, I'm going to assume the potency of football in American culture is why January and February are usually wastelands as far as movie releases are concerned. Every year I see Sunday numbers dropping like rocks because of these games.

Mean Girls’ Smacks Down ‘Beekeeper’ After Fierce Battle During Weak Weekend – Monday Box Office Update

MONDAY AM: Turns out that high holy day of NFL yesterday which resulted in the Chiefs and the 49ers heading to the Super Bowl did pull guys away from Amazon MGM’s The Beekeeper. While the Jason Statham Miramax title did win Saturday over Paramount’s Mean Girls, $3.4M to $3.27M, Sunday belonged to the Plastics which saw the teen musical movie pull ahead with a third weekend of $6.9M to Beekeeper‘s $6.7M.

Mean Girls‘ Sunday was $1.7M, -48% from Saturday, while Beekeeper‘s take was $1.48M. Worldwide, Beekeeper crossed $100M ($41.5M domestic), while Mean Girls stands at $83M ($60.4M from domestic).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

As a foreigner, I'm going to assume the potency of football in American culture is why January and February are usually wastelands as far as movie releases are concerned. Every year I see Sunday numbers dropping like rocks because of these games.

10 (-) Godzilla Minus One Toho Interna… $2,700,082 +290% 535 n/c $5,047 $55,109,545 9

Unless you are Godzilla-1. Up 100k from estimate. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Think of it as every week having a champions league knockout game

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Mean Girls’ Smacks Down ‘Beekeeper’ After Fierce Battle During Weak Weekend – Monday Box Office Update

MONDAY AM: Turns out that high holy day of NFL yesterday which resulted in the Chiefs and the 49ers heading to the Super Bowl did pull guys away from Amazon MGM’s The Beekeeper. While the Jason Statham Miramax title did win Saturday over Paramount’s Mean Girls, $3.4M to $3.27M, Sunday belonged to the Plastics which saw the teen musical movie pull ahead with a third weekend of $6.9M to Beekeeper‘s $6.7M.

Mean Girls‘ Sunday was $1.7M, -48% from Saturday, while Beekeeper‘s take was $1.48M. Worldwide, Beekeeper crossed $100M ($41.5M domestic), while Mean Girls stands at $83M ($60.4M from domestic).

massive drops considering their studios called above 7M.

On 1/29/2024 at 7:52 AM, Krissykins said:

Poor Things is rated an 18 here in the UK whereas The Favourite wasn’t, so I think that’s having some impact. It’s still doing very well though. 

The Favourite’s run here was great, I personally didn’t like that film though. Poor Things is excellent. 

The favourite is a British movie about UK royalty and with its much British-friendly cast, no doubt it is doing so much better in UK.

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Damn, so much for best non-holiday holds I’ve seen. Thats literally all we had to cling to, might as well call the time of box office death 

Don't worry, over in the Argyle thread, a subset of folks are excitedly waiting for the ability to call the time of that film's death this weekend!