kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 30.15M KFP IV | 28.50M DUNE II

Things I'm crossing fingers for this weekend.

-KFP4 over 35M

-Dune2 under 30% drop

-Arthur with healthy IM to around 12M

-Oppenheimer reaching 330M (so finally 4x OW)

-Cabrini delivering strong hold, with 5M

-Agregated top10 weekend over 100M

-More than 10 movies over 1M. It would require Love Lies Bleeding, One Life and The American Society of Magical Negroes over 1M.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Oh dear!

Not to minimize it but, how is this Variety-level news? I worked at various movie theaters for 7 years altogether, and I’ve personally seen well over two dozen instances of “lewd sexual behaviour.” Heck, I have a successful tiktok account because of it.

Not to mention I’ve seen a lot worse (one instance where a customer assaulted another random customer by pulling her shirt off and held her “hostage” until the police arrived)… all because he didn’t want to wear a mask.

Now again, I’m not minimizing it. But this happens ALL the time. Have you ever been to a sold-out movie before. Odds are SOMEONE in there was probably getting themself off in there.

• Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 2

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not to minimize it but, how is this Variety-level news? I worked at various movie theaters for 7 years altogether, and I’ve personally seen well over two dozen instances of “lewd sexual behaviour.” Heck, I have a successful tiktok account because of it.

Social media virality seems to be really really important to get attention. This just feels like it obviously came from the film's pr team

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, harry713 said:

How much did Arthur cost Lionsgate? I caught a screening of it Monday and it doesn't look particularly expensive, especially with the CGI they delivered lol. 

$20m. It'll be fine

Though, with that budget, this should be a much easier hit. Would be a shame if it can't at least double that WW

Edited by Pinacolada

6 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

Oh dear!

Boom Chicka Bow Wow GIFs | Tenor

Arthur the King was shot three years ago and had been sitting on the shelf since then (Simu Liu made it right after Shang-Chi, Wahlberg and the director made/released another movie during that time), so a double digits opening would be acceptable.

• Like 1