kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | estimates | 15.01M CHALLENGERS | 7.73M UNSUNG HERO | 7.22M GODZILLA×KONG: TNE

Wait, Deadline is making it sound like 1.9M includes EA. What is the truth? 

Amazon MGM Studios’ Challengers, starring Zendaya and directed by Luca Guadagnino, made $1.9M in previews, a figure $100K shy of what Universal’s Cocaine Bear did. The tennis sexy romcom is hoping to open to $15M for the weekend. 

Lionsgate and Kingdom Story’s Unsung Hero made $1.67M in previews.

It’s important to note that for both films not all their bread was made last night from previews, but includes early advance screening money. 

More..

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Amazon MGM Studios’ Challengers, starring Zendaya and directed by Luca Guadagnino, made $1.9M in previews, a figure $100K shy of what Universal’s Cocaine Bear did. The tennis sexy romcom is hoping to open to $15M for the weekend. 

It’s important to note that for both films not all their bread was made last night from previews, but includes early advance screening money. 

More..

FLOPengers!

• Like 5

Lmao again with this shit. First Civil War magic 3.5M that turns into 2.9M, and now Challengers. Tbh these threads should only be legal with official numbers and not a Jatinder tweet.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Lmao again with this shit. First Civil War magic 3.5M that turns into 2.9M, and now Challengers. Tbh these threads should only be legal with official numbers and not a Jatinder tweet.

Agreed.

Terrible April, a quite month that can't even produce a single surprise hit. Market is in terrible shape, in normal circumstances a slow month normally give us some surprise hit but now the market simply couldn't make that happen.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:

This weekend's total box office will be around 50m'ish.  Should be just enough to get the total box office gross for April to 400M.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/month/april/?grossesOption=calendarGrosses

I expect something around 65-70M for the weekend. (18-20M Challengers + 12-15M Unsung Hero + 35-40M holdovers)

About 420M April total box office.

14 minutes ago, Flopped said:

More..

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

no

Tell The Truth GIFTell The Truth GIF

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

1 minute ago, stripe said:

I expect something around 65-70M for the weekend. (18-20M Challengers + 12-15M Unsung Hero + 35-40M holdovers)

Bob Marley Reggae GIF by Bob Marley: One Love

(I watched Bob Marley One Love this week and it was boring at best)

8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Terrible April, a quite month that can't even produce a single surprise hit. Market is in terrible shape, in normal circumstances a slow month normally give us some surprise hit but now the market simply couldn't make that happen.

I would have loved to see a surprise hit, but which April movie had a real chance to become it? Civil War, Monkey Man, Challengers and Abigail are not the kind of films that reach great mainstream audiences. And despite this, two of them had (or will have) solid openings for the type of films they were. The most disappointing opening was Abigail and I also expected better legs for Monkey Man.

16 minutes ago, stripe said:

That seems overly optimistic based on the preview numbers but 420m is what I predicted for the month's total in the 2024 thread. So, I'll take it, lol

Even if the 1.9 number does include EA previews it'd still be a pretty solid number. Typically been about a tenth of the full weekend gross so close to $20 mil would be above expectations.