kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 07-09, 2024] | actuals | 56.5M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE | 10.0M GARFIELD | 7.8M IF | 7.0M THE WATCHERS

39 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

IF going to do 100m + easily. Opening before Garfield really helped. Garfield with one less week is going to be a long away from 100 m once Inside Out 2 hits the marketplace Thursday.  Apes taking a bit of a bigger hit but 160m still seems doable. Furiosa i think 100 m was off the table by Memorial Day.

IF could leg it to $120 million when all is said and done.  Knew it would do well when I saw it.  Nobody had it any higher than that pre-summer. 

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The injustice is beyond comprehension here.

I still can't believe M Night had his daughter's debut film release in the Summer season.  Even his film "Trap" is coming out Late Summer not in heart of June. I guess they were hoping for counter programming.  "Watchers" would have faired better in Sept, Oct or even Nov.    

Audiences are just outright rejecting Furiosa, but some of you want theaters to be contractually obligated to play such bombs for three months straight with no exceptions. That is not reasonable, and everything requires nuance            

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

With 3.67x preview to Friday ratio, BBRD has one of the best preview: Fri ratio I have seen in post-Covid for a live action movie.

Um … GxK, Equalizer 3, Creed III, Fast X 

Now think about what all these films have in common? 

4 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Audiences are just outright rejecting Furiosa, but some of you want theaters to be contractually obligated to play such bombs for three months straight with no exceptions. That is not reasonable, and everything requires nuance            

It's not that the theaters should be required to, it's that the studios shouldn't be able to shuffle them out of theaters and onto other options. The window problem is on the studio side, not the exhibitor side.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just now, M37 said:

In fairness, they did say “one of” implying that they meant it was one of many

• Like 1

Since it looks like Apes will finish with 160-170 DOM thinking what of the rest of the summer movies has a chance at 160+. Obv the 3 big gorillas -IO2, DM 4 and DP and W.  Really only see BB ROD assuming WOM fueled legs and Twisters if breaks out big with walkups esp in the middle of the country and does not get killed by Deadpool in Week 2. 

Posted (edited)

Furiosa will make less than Morbius. Total rejection from audiences. You can’t blame streaming or dirty theaters for this. Audiences plain and simply did not want this movie 

Edited by John Marston
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, HowSway said:

What were the other demos for T mobile deal movies?

Beekeeper, Marley, Ghostbusters, and Challengers were the other TMobile 2024 movies...

Only one theoretically skewed female (and did it really, when Zendaya is the lead female)...

And you'll see they rank #5, #6, #11, and #14 on the 2024 annual domestic chart...so all of them got some boost, with more to the "tired sequel" franchise one (Ghostbusters at #5)...and now BB4...

18 minutes ago, M37 said:

I wouldn't count GxK in since that Friday was a Easter Friday. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

No we're not. We're just saying studios shouldn't release it to streaming in 3 months

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Furiosa will make less than Morbius. Total rejection from audiences. You can’t blame streaming or dirty theaters for this. Audiences plain and simply did not want this movie 

You're implying they wanted morbius

11 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

No we're not. We're just saying studios shouldn't release it to streaming in 3 months

Which could lead to a month long or so deadzone where you can't really watch the movie in theaters or at home. Which is fine by me btw.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

I'm not sure why a VOD date needs to be set in stone when the movie is still in theaters. Surely it is something that ought to be flexible based on the movie's theatrical performance.

• Like 1