Eric Prime

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

3 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

If you're Universal watching this movie blow up, you should really be thinking about where to move Wicked. Moana is even more popular these days than Inside Out and leaving it where it is, you're making a pretty big bet that Moana 2 will both be terrible and that audiences will care if it's terrible.

One of these movies could easily end up moving up to Friday the 22nd and get a head start on the long holiday weekend. Gladiator II probably isn't a massive threat to anything.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

One of these movies could easily end up moving up to Friday the 22nd and get a head start on the long holiday weekend. Gladiator II probably isn't a massive threat to anything.

Likely what is gonna happen tbh. A repeat of 2023.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Soul, Luca and Turning Red > Toy Story, Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo

I wouldn't go that far mainly because I'm not that big on Luca. It's a good movie, but I don't feel passionate about it. And the Original Toy Story is really great. and Monsters, Inc is just one of my all times.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

Luckily IO2 is the first 100m Opener of 2024 and may even top 2024 chart. I don't want to see people to say only MCU can save cinema bullshit when D&W open to 200m next month.Β 

• Haha 1

Opening Friday on the day and walk-up business looks massive in the U.K. Β I looked at all shows in my local multiplex this time yesterday and it was middling. Just checked again and I would say 75% sold out for the whole day.Β 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I wouldn't go that far mainly because I'm not that big on Luca. It's a good movie, but I don't feel passionate about it. And the Original Toy Story is really great. and Monsters, Inc is just one of my all times.

TS1 is the worst one for me, i really loved 4 tho that seems quite hated. I like Monsters as well but i liked it better when i was a kid.Β 
Β 

I think Pixar peaked in 2007-2010. Ratatouille, WallE, Up and TS3 was an insane run. The Incredibles is probably the greatest SH movie ever made. But yeah i think other than that, they’re more recent outputs (Inside Out, Coco, Soul, Luca and Red) is definitely upper tier Pixar and better than most of their earlier beloved movies.Β 
Β 

Still an insane studio run tho, i genuinely dislike only very few movies. Probably only Ghibli is better.

Two weekends in a row of exceeding expectations. It's nice to have something positive.

Β 

To put this in perspective, if this can get to $137M (a stretch, but not something to rule out), it will have made more in its opening weekend than any weekend in 2024 has grossed overall across all films.

Β 

Currently, the top weekend is thd Godzilla x Kong weekend, followed by Kung Fu Panda 4 weekend (with Dune 2 second weekend).

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

Would need a 10.8 IM. Not impossible but it's going to be hard.

Definitely, i’m just being extra optimistic, it’s been months since this was even possible so let’s enjoy while is lasts hahaΒ 

8 minutes ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

Yet another underprediction from Charlie. He should be ashamed of himself.

I just posted Lisan Al Gaib gif on tracking as he predicted exact finish at MTC2(at least what I tracked and that should be lower than actual as I started at 6PM PST). This move under indexed at MTC1 big time and that is great.Β 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Luckily IO2 is the first 100m Opener of 2024 and may even top 2024 chart. I don't want to see people to say only MCU can save cinema bullshit when D&W open to 200m next month.Β 

Only Disney canπŸ˜›

• Heart 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like β€˜The Emotions - Best of My Love’ should be the background music song of choice for us all as we wait for that Friday early number. Β 
Β 

Let’s belt it out for Pixar and saving our summer!Β 

β€œDoesn't take much to make me happy And make me smile with glee”

Honestly, it just feels good to have some optimism about the box office again. Personally, I haven't seen Bad Boys or IO2 yet (I genuinely cannot afford to go to movies anymore unless I go on a Tuesday) but I'm definitely planning on it. Long live theatrical. It's an experience that I genuinely believe cannot be replicated, ever. Ever.Β 

Β 

Congrats to Pixar. May they continue to make films until all of us are dead and gone.Β 

• Like 2
  • Heart 2
  • Sad 1