AniNate

7/12 weekend thread: Longlegs $22.4m, To the Moon $9.4m

56% verified score lol. Very few people but the complains about being too slow and moody is already there

Hopefully this will be like Hereditary, which gets a 3.5x multiplier despite the D+ cinemascore

• Like 1

Longlegs third act a disaster like virtually all horror films (IMO). It brings me no pleasure to report this! Really awesome first half though.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

56% verified score lol. Very few people but the complains about being too slow and moody is already there

Hopefully this will be like Hereditary, which gets a 3.5x multiplier despite the D+ cinemascore

My audience watched it in a total hush. I've never had a theatre experience like this. I couldn't tell if they were really into it or just waiting for something to happen. Not one laugh, not one gasp, nothing. Weird. 

Saw Longlegs last night in a packed theater.  A+++ marketing but a C- movie.  The hype from the marketing the past couple weeks and the full theater probably set my expectations way to high.  Will be interesting to see the CinemaScore.

Longlegs is absolutely going to fall off a cliff after this weekend, it's way too arthouse and weird for the GA, but for a movie released by Neon with a projected budget of 10 million, that 20+ million OW is crazy impressive no matter what.

• Like 1

20M+ OW would make me run naked in the street for sure. Huge win for NEON if it happens. Lets see if it doesn't fall off a cliff as the weekend progresses.

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

20M+ OW would make me run naked in the street for sure. Huge win for NEON if it happens. Lets see if it doesn't fall off a cliff as the weekend progresses.

Let’s be clear that even $10m, $15m etc would also be huge wins for Neon.

$5.4m is their current biggest opening. 

• Like 7

https://deadline.com/2024/07/box-office-longlegs-fly-me-to-the-moon-channing-tatum-nicolas-cage-1236008154/

UPDATE, AFTER EXCLUSIVE: Neon‘s Longlegs hit $3M last night according to NEON. As we mentioned this is a record for the specialty distributor. Quorum tracking this AM is predicting that the Oz Perkins horror film could do $14M-$17M to the Sony distributed Apple movie, Fly Me to the Moon, which is eyeing $12M-$15M. Quorum is seeing “an engaged and growing core” for Longlegs.

That said, last night’s audience registered a 68% on Rotten Tomatoes and 3 stars on Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak with critical score settling at 90% certified fresh which indicates a divide between film reviews and audiences. We’ll see how that plays out.

Fly Me to the Moon preview figures coming…however, those 51% males/49% females who showed up last night enjoyed it at 4 1/2 stars and 88% positive on PostTrak. Females gave it a 92% grade. Reviews are at 65% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

12 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The RT verified score is up to 68% now... I guess that might mean something.

• Like 1