AniNate

7/12 weekend thread: Longlegs $22.4m, To the Moon $9.4m

40 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s what I first thought, but that didn’t stop Bikeriders and Horizon doing well over 11.4x previews? 

I don't see where on Deadline or The Numbers The Bikeriders  have separate Thur previews.  They rolled them into advanced screenings for a $1.45m total and $9,698,275 w/e total a 6.68x multi off.   So even w adding early access it didn't get to $10m

Horizon had early screenings they didn't report at all so I assume they were rolled into w/e numbers.  If they were smaller than $1m then I guess FMTTM might have a shot not counting EA - though Horizon appeals to a  different demographic

Edited by TalismanRing

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I don't see where on Deadline or The Numbers The Bikeriders  have separate Thur previews.  They rolled them into advanced screenings for a $1.45m total and $9,698,275 w/e total a 6.68x multi off.   So even w adding early access it didn't get to $10m

Horizon had early screenings they didn't report at all so I assume they were rolled into w/e numbers.  If they were smaller than $1m then I guess FMTTM might have a shot not counting EA - though Horizon appeals to a  different demographic

Yeh, similar to this film. It probably wont, but it has been done already this summer by an adult skewing film. 

2 hours ago, Flip said:

So Inside Out 2 4th week will be $48M.

5M behind Barbie, 4M ahead of Incredibles 2, 12M behind Ava2, 3M ahead of Jurassic World. Still aiming for the 650m final, but I wouldn’t be surprised by an expansion to push it into the top 10

All the Pixar films that released on Father's Day weekend have gotten a Labor Day expansion so that is basically already built into the likely final total.

I'm targeting 640-645M. 

It's not a lock to get over Barbie DOM at this point. 

I2 is probably the best comp to follow right now. I2 was running against the World Cup at this time. In 2 weeks IO2 will start running against the Olympics - that is likely to hurt all movies some, including IO2.

3 hours ago, Grand Cine said:

https://deadline.com/2024/07/box-office-longlegs-fly-me-to-the-moon-channing-tatum-nicolas-cage-1236008154/

Longlegs : 9-10M Fri, 20-23M OW

DM4 : 12,5M , 41M 2nd Weekend

IO2 : 6M Friday, 19-20M Weekend

Moon : 4M , 10-11M OW

AQP Day One : 3,8M , 12,1M Weekend

Friday for DM4 seems low for me , AQP and Moon High .

IO2 should do 6+ million on 5th Friday.

3 hours ago, Grand Cine said:

DM4 : 12,5M , 41M 2nd Weekend

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

It's a kids movie in the heart of summer. Its target audience is available to see it during the week.

Just a 36% jump on Friday is still a bit low. Oftentimes it can be over 50% even in July.

Attended a late morning showing of Fly Me to the Moon and it was just OK. The leads are fine and the movie moves along at a brisk pace but as a whole, the movie never really gels. There's not enough rom or com or conflict between the two leads even though both are fine in their respective roles. I was annoyed by how often Tatum was clad in thick, heavy cotton sweaters despite being in Florida during the spring and summer when the film is set, especially when all of the other NASA workers are clad in thin, short-sleeved shirts to survive the Florida weather.

That being said, the movie is at its best when it is focused on the actual effort to land men on the moon. The real moon landing and successful return trip home remains one of the greatest, if not the absolute greatest accomplishment in human existence thus far. It should have mined that nostalgia more often.

• Thanks 1

Glad to see Longlegs performing so well. Its whole vibe is so aligned with the indie horror aesthetic that a successful mainstream performance was never a guarantee, so I'm quite happy to see it getting a solid Friday number. I also caught it this afternoon and enjoyed it thoroughly.

• Like 1