kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

28 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

People are comparing him to Chris Pratt but I think he has more potential than that esp if he does a better job with his PR. Like do not say dumb stuff on social media and not maybe be part of a weird religious group or something.

I don't know why people are comparing him to Chris Pratt. No offense meant, but Pratt didn't necessarily carry the biggest movies he has starred in.

Fantastic Friday. RE: the Warren in OK being the top theater shouldn't be a surprise. It's the largest (and imo best) theater in the state and the OK skew from tracking was already high, so it makes sense especially when the film is set there and Moore gets slammed every decade or so from a large Twister. Gotta have lived there to understand the fascination when it's your worst weather enemy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't know why people are comparing him to Chris Pratt. No offense meant, but Pratt didn't necessarily carry the biggest movies he has starred in.

And yet he got most of the credit which is what matters in getting other offers in terms of salary and size of projects.

1 hour ago, Grand Cine said:

Demography for Twisters :

18-34 : 46%

25+ : 76% with Men and Women at 38% each

51% Caucasian , 26% Latino , 10% Black , 9 Asian American .

18-34 demographic carrying the theatrical business.
Would like to know the share of older demographic (40+), who were old enough when the original came out.

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

And yet he got most of the credit which is what matters in getting other offers in terms of salary and size of projects.

Good for him, but if it is star power we are talking about, I think Powell's is beyond his. I'll digress, Powell has just followed some DC peeps on Instagram.

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

We're not comparing someone who is in honeymoon period to Starlord.

Let the initial shine go off then you judge.

Yeah. Gotta give it time. Guardians, Jurassic and Mario are huge properties but so is Twister to a less extent and Top Gun.

I wouldn't compare Pratt and Powell. Anyone But You did well, but it wasn't a Guardians of the Galaxy sized hit, and his casting in Twisters (the OG has never had the same kind of impact as the OG Jurassic Park) was never seen as much a good luck charm for it as Pratt was with Jurassic World (which was filmed before Guardians was released, so they ended up getting extra lucky there). Not factoring Top Gun into the equation since that was very much a supporting role and was obviously 100% Cruise's movie.

But glad for Powell getting to co-headline a movie of this size and it turning out to be a hit! If anything, it's surprising the industry didn't push for him much sooner (at least following the Everybody Wants Some/Hidden Figures combo in 2016).

Edited by filmlover

Comparing to Chris Pratt is so funny lmfao

Which movie has Glen Powell carried? None 

He wasn't main lead in TGM , 2nd lead/co-lead in Twisters , Sydney deserves more credit for ABY

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Comparing to Chris Pratt is so funny lmfao

Which movie has Glen Powell carried? None 

He wasn't main lead in TGM , 2nd lead/co-lead in Twisters , Sydney deserves more credit for ABY

What's even more funny is that Powell is a much better actor than Chris Pratt.

• Like 5

Some people are giving Powell a whole lot of credit when he’s not even the main lead of Twisters, ABY or Top Gun. Let’s give him alittle more time to marinate. Pratt atleast had GOTG.

Edited by babz06
  • ...wtf 1

I brought up the Pratt comparison yesterday, but I don’t think Powell is there yet. Say what you will about who “carried” the movies GOTG/Twisters/JW etc. there was a combination of brand/IP recognition, but also recognizability for both Pratt and Powell. If you really wanted to make the comparison, I’d say that Powell right now is where Pratt was in 2014. On the rise, has some hits to his name that weren’t necessarily HIS movies (GOTG/Twisters/LEGO etc.). If Powell plays his cards right, the next few years will be good to him.

Nobody shows up for a Chris Pratt movie bfr. Powell is building a following already instead of jumping on brand names and being a religious freak.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah. Gotta give it time. Guardians, Jurassic and Mario are huge properties but so is Twister to a less extent and Top Gun.

Ya'll are absolutely nuts.

Pratt was/is the lead in those properties and all of them crush Twisters in size... and Powell is a 2 bit character in Top Gun.

I lowkey hate Chris Pratt and find him annoying, and I think Powell has potential... however, as things stand today Pratt's fart in a jar is the bigger star.

• Haha 1