Eric the Marxist

Spoilers | Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) Spoiler Thread

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

10 hours ago, baumer said:

The joke I liked the best in the movie was a really simple yet quick mention. When Deadpool tells Electra that a lot of the past Heroes had died, he mentions Daredevil and then Electra just goes basically oh well LOL 

Of course Daredevil was played by Ben affleck, Jennifer Garner plays Electra and they were married and apparently didn't have a very amicable split. Just a simple one but kind of funny in my opinion

The "there will only ever be one Blade" joke was perfect. Great to see Wesley Snipes again.

Dafne Keen getting so little focu was a little odd.  Seemed kinda like some dialogue was cut. She had more to do in The Acolyte, and that wasn't exactly much either.

I would honestly love to know how much Ryan Reynolds is going to get paid from this movie on the back end seeing as he was a star writer and producer.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed this. Probably the funniest of the three Deadpool’s, although arguably it has the weakest plot, but it gets through it with an absolutely insane joke ratio that barely misses. Viewed as a comedy, I doubt I’ll laugh harder at a movie this year.

Absolutely loved that they got Wesley Snipes back, and the “some motherfuckers STILL trying to ice skate uphill” line was perfection 😂

Hilarious post credit scene too, along with that unexpectedly nostalgic behind the scenes Fox retrospective.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

After sitting on it since Wednesday and 3 screenings I can confidently say that Deadpool and Wolverine is arguably tied with Spider-Man: No Way Home as the best MCU film since Avengers: Endgame. 

What I find it interesting is that despite my complete disdain and disregard to the 20th Century Fox era of X-Men and Marvel films besides the Deadpool films and Logan, I was actually moved by how much the film celebrates the 24 years of those films and wears its love on its sleeve.

It’s a raunch comedy that delivers the goriest MCU and Deadpool film yet, yes, but it’s also a film with a lot of heart and when you really dig deeper, it plays perfectly with the more serious and personal themes of the first two Deadpool films and at same time, actually compliments Logan in ways that I didn’t think it was possible.

I have some wild theories of where this might go for the MCU’s future but I’ll keep those close to my chest. If you haven’t watched the film yet, try to avoid spoilers as much as you can. It’s certainly the most fun I’ve had at a movie theater in a long, long time.

I highly recommend watching on IMAX for the big screen, but at same time watching it on 2D was a blast and my favorite screening of them all.

Best Deadpool film to date for a nearly perfect trilogy of Deadpool films and tied with Logan as the best Wolverine film. Let’s fucking go until they are both 90 year olds.

• Haha 5

The chokehold that man has over me after a decade is obscene. I don’t even like or trust men, but I would die for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I have some wild theories of where this might go for the MCU’s future but I’ll keep those close to my chest

Send me your discord, pal. Let’s fanboy. 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

This isn't a movie as much as it is 128 minutes of total fan service, but I had a blast regardless. I knew this was going to be a treat during the opening credits featuring arguably the best use of "Bye Bye Bye" ever. Bringing Deadpool into the MCU without losing any of the character's R-rated edge turns out to be a genius move that injects life into the mostly aimless Marvel universe these days, the needle drops are amazing, and it's such an endless parade of gags and references that leave nothing sacred (didn't expect there to be references to the actor's real-life splits in this!) that repeat viewings will be needed to catch them all. In a way, this is as much a love letter to the Fox-produced Marvel movies from the aughts and 2010s as Spider-Man: No Way Home was to that character's big screen legacy, and also the movie that last year's mediocre The Flash should've been.

I'm glad I managed to avoid getting spoiled on most of the cameos. Knew Jennifer Garner was returning as Elektra because it was reported on in the trades, but great job keeping the others under wraps. Wesley Snipes as Blade! Channing Tatum finally getting to play Gambit after years of his movie failing to get off the ground! A Matthew McConaughey voiceover cameo! Henry Cavill as Wolverine!!! And I DIED at Chris Evans as what initially appears to be a Captain America variant but turns out to be The Human Torch!!!! :hahaha:

Reynolds remains perfect for this role, but the movie belongs to Hugh Jackman, who absolutely kills it in all of his big action and dramatic moments. Their chemistry is aces as well, and I hope we continue to see the two actors collaborate more even outside of Marvel appearances. The rest of the cast is fun too (they even brought Aaron Stanford out of obscurity for a fairly sizeable role!), though Emma Corrin can't do much with an unsurprisingly underdeveloped villain role.

Is it anything deep? No. But I had such a fun time and I look forward to seeing more of how these characters interact with the other residents of the MCU going forward. 

Also, brilliant and touching move featuring clips and interviews from the Fox films during the end credits. I didn't expect to get such strong nostalgic feels during this movie!

B+

• Like 3

This felt like that one scene from Clockwork Orange, only I’m being forced to watch  2005-era Spike TV with Kevin Feige next to me, jingling keys in front of my face going “look! It’s that thing from 20 years ago! Remember that thing from 20 years ago?” The fact a 2024 blockbuster is doing gay panic jokes that even a Todd Phillips comedy would say is too lowbrow is depressing stuff. They should have just stopped after Endgame.

• Like 4

The mid-credits montage is also one of the most despicable things I've ever seen. "Oh, farewell to such an incredible iconic movie studio and era for Marvel...an era that was destroyed because they were bought out by an evil capitalist superpower and corproate monopoly bullshit. In this movie from the studio that did that corporate monopoly bullshit". Give me a break with that garbage.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I have a question. I get that part of the Human Torch joke was that Deadpool was expecting the awesome Chris Evans Captain America. But is part of the joke also that the Fantastic 4 movies were really bad? Like, they really went out of their way to mock The Human Torch, he also doesn't have any solid action scenes unlike Blade and Elektra. I kinda feel bad for F4 fans who would have wanted Evans to have done more than just be a laughing stock. Or are most F4 fans laughing just like the rest of us?

I was really hoping this will be great, but unfortunately it wasn't.

The movie's plot is paper thin, and the villian was terrible.

It was saved by the cameos and the jokes.

Passable but I wouldn't ever watch it again.

This movie is so dam fun. That is all it needed to be. I was probably laughing the hardest during the Tatum Gambit stuff. Thank God we did not get that movie . Also the little Wolverine in the first of the multiverses he tours trying to find the right one. Yeah Emma Corrin did not have much to work with but still did a good job with the material given to them. Of the 3 movies it would go 2,  this, and then the first one for me.  The action is good but nothing beats Leitch's work on 2. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm glad I managed to avoid getting spoiled on most of the cameos. Knew Jennifer Garner was returning as Elektra because it was reported on in the trades, but great job keeping the others under wraps. Wesley Snipes as Blade! Channing Tatum finally getting to play Gambit after years of his movie failing to get off the ground! A Matthew McConaughey voiceover cameo! Henry Cavill as Wolverine!!! And I DIED at Chris Evans as what initially appears to be a Captain America variant but turns out to be The Human Torch!!!! :hahaha:

Nathan Fillion, too. He was HeadPool

Great credits scene with Bye Bye Bye. Then it's not as much a movie as it is a 2 hour long special. It was funny at times but even the laughs dried up. I think this will age like No Way Home.

Edited by Dale Cooper