ZeeSoh

COMIC CON 2024

16 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

How anyone could say picking RDJ for Doctor Doom is a SAFE choice???

It's a literal insane choice

I will say that, obligatory meme-ing aside,

GAAdGN2xGMGiSnhu-Qz6D59mz6ML-eEBx2DuJBo_

but then I wouldn't, would I?

The one thing I — I don't know if "strongly suspect" is the right phrase, so let's go with "wondering if" (but on a very strong level) — I wonder if Doctor Doom is gonna be an appropriated title from either Tony or Howard Stark.

I gots many reasons for this, but the angst — THINK OF THE ANGST — to see a Stark Variant [more or less] go from The Savior of the Earth to its Next Big Bad is... Well, I'm just saying that the emotional plotline is just sitting there, waiting to be tugged. 

Doesn't mean it *will*.  But damn am I suspicious.

*thinks*

Yes, landing on "suspicious" is where I think my headspace is at.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, misterpepp said:

I'll happily be in the minority and agree that bringing RDJ back is a bad and, to be honest, pronouncedly desperate move. It comes off as stunt casting to me, I don't like it at all. Can't say I have any hype for these projects anymore, but it seems to have gotten others excited, so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Similar feelings about this announcement. This move definitely screams desperation, but I guess it will work.

Edited by Kon

Dr. Doom is deformed and wears a mask so it's not like he's gotta look like Tony Stark. I'm fine with the casting I just think he should be playing a totally different character and not a Tony Stark variant.

Edited by MOVIEGUY

Reaction to RDJ's announcement in Hall H

I know some people here are not happy about this casting, and some are the usual Marvel detractors. But reception to this news on Reddit seems to be largely positive. Regardless of the reception though, this is huge news and I am seeing a lot of enthusiasm online. IF the Russo's pull off a successful execution, the movie will be huge. The passion for the next Avengers movie was dwindling but this and the success of Deadpool & Wolverine is the shot in the arm that they needed to turn things positive. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's like calling the Cleveland Cavaliers bringing back LeBron as desperate. 

It's not desperate, it's smart.

You go from zero anticipation for Avengers 5 and 6 to going back to 2 billion dollar predictions overnight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Safe choice but expected. Let's see what they do with the Doom character.

Excuse me?!?! Safe and expected to have RDJ as Dr. Doom?!? Who, where and when was this ever expected?!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Reaction to RDJ's announcement in Hall H

I know some people here are not happy about this casting, and some are the usual Marvel detractors. But reception to this news on Reddit seems to be largely positive. Regardless of the reception though, this is huge news and I am seeing a lot of enthusiasm online. IF the Russo's pull off a successful execution, the movie will be huge. As it is the next 2 Avengers have got a huge shot in the arm due to this news whereas earlier the passion was dwindling. 

This news and the success of Deadpool & Wolverine will tremendously help the next Avengers movie.

The goal for these movies is to make money and make fans happy. That’s all that really matters. I don’t love the casting either but I’ll be there on preview night so who cares lol. 

• Like 2

RDJ was always going to be back.

ALWAYS

You're kidding yourself if you thought otherwise.

7 years later, and as one of the most iconic villains in all of comics (they are saying he’s playing Victor, not a Tony), instead of rehashing his character (though I’m sure we’ll get some Tony too) is the most ingenious way of going about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2