kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

8 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

There's also Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) which dropped 61.6% on second weekend, but had 2.86x legs, which would give DPW a $604M DOM total. 

Speaking of which, Lion King 2019 had some pretty blegh legs for a kids/family movie during peak summer. With better WOM like Aladdin, it would've made $700M for around 72-73M admissions.

Okay, but how much would it have made in May 2022?

• Haha 1

Just now, Madhuvan said:

Can anyone explain me who is Agent Cooper and why is he quoted all the time :sweat:

Some dude on Reddit that HummingLemon fetishizes as some all-knowing box office master. He’s been doing this quite a lot ever since he started posting here and it’s gotten pretty darn old and tired if you ask me…

• Like 2

Even if it did open that low I don't think M Night's career would suffer. He keeps budgets for his low-key horror/thrillers in check.

Also the headline is the lowball of the Variety projection, it's actually a $15-20mil range. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Oh, M. Night is so over.

Why would he finally be over now, when the higher end of that range would be a bigger opening than his last two films? 

• Like 1

$15M is a fine conservative tracking number for Trap, on par with Old. Regarding the budget, M. Night has been self-financing all of his movies since The Visit (says it helps "keep him scared" and creatively motivated) so WB probably isn't on the hook for much. 

• Like 1

Just judging by how pre-sales are going right now, Trap isn't opening to $15M. It's definitely going higher and at worst, it should be in the low $20M range. 

I'm still expecting this film to breakout this weekend. 

I'm curious what the international number today will be. Would be pretty sweet if it's at least 25 million. Another 50 million day would be quite nice.

If IO2 holds even from here on out with toy story 4 it'll end at 651.6m, but over the last week it has lost about $2m to TS4. I have it penciled in at 648m which is a 4.2x multi

• Like 2