AniNate

08/09 WEEKEND: DP&W 53.8, IEWU 50, Borderlands 8.6 ​💣💣💣

Deadpool won't surpass inside out. Inside out made a 65M full third week (third weekdays + 4th weekend). Deadpool can dream of that.  Then for inside out a 38M full fourth week.

The difference between the two movies Is already of just 20-25M.

Read the numbers geeks! It's over 🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 2

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Does Deadpool & Wolverine have a great chance surpassing The Avengers (2012)’s $623M DOM gross? Since it did out-open it.

TA = $207M OW

D&W = $211M OW

I think we'll get the full answer next weekend. 

We need to see how Deadpool and Wolverine holds against Alien: Romulus because that film will be taking all the PLFS away from it. If it holds well, then passing The Avengers domestically is possible (I'm betting it ends up even higher than that), but if not, it'll probably tap out at just over $600M domestically.

Regardless, both are still amazing results!

2 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I think we'll get the full answer next weekend. 

We need to see how Deadpool and Wolverine holds against Alien: Romulus because that film will be taking all the PLFS away from it. If it holds well, then passing The Avengers domestically is possible (I'm betting it ends up even higher than that), but if not, it'll probably tap out at just over $600M domestically.

Regardless, both are still amazing results!

I think it gets to $650m+ after this weekend. 

The Numbers predicted a $75m weekend for Deadpool lol.

I don't want his site to die but how on Earth can he charge people for whatever reports he makes when his weekly predictions are so awful and he seems either oblivious to it or unable to fix his model.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, JWR said:

- Abysmal word of mouth right off the bat

- Opening weekend is DOA

- Alien: Romulus will be taking all of the PLF screens 

I think we could be looking at a 60-70% drop.

It was technically the TMobile $5 deal...I didn't even save the deal, and I expect many didn't b/c there was less than zero interest...then again, I'd expect only movie subscribers and folks with reduced price tickets actually attended this, so it could still be very bad...

So, the drop could be worse.

I did see my 2nd 1st run movie of the summer, Deadpool v Wolvie, this weekend.  It was about the best movie they could have made with the concept they had.  When they were ignoring making a movie, it was at its best.  When they tried to actually make a movie plot, it was bad, tonally inconsistent, repetitive to what the MCU has done before and/or completely out of MCU continuity.

B/c they spent most of their time almost being a parody (ala Scary Movie or Naked Gun), it was really funny, and I'd give it a B...and I loved the Fox call outs.  No one in my family gave it an A (all 6 watched), but no one gave it worse than a B...so it's exactly what you want in the summer...a single for everyone, but a strikeout/grand slam for no one (I did have to explain a few jokes/references b/c my kids assumed they were MCU ones, and I told them they weren't going far enough back in their supers watching)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

UPDATED SATURDAY AM: Refresh for chart … If today was Monday, then Ryan Reynoldswon the weekend with Disney/Marvel Studios’ Deadpool & Wolverine filing a powerful third frame estimated at $55.8M.

But do not deny the power of his spouse Blake Lively.

She won Friday’s box office with It Ends With Us. The Justin Baldoni directed and starring feature which pulled in $24M (including $7M previews). Even if you backed out previews, It Ends With Us bested D&W yesterday, $17M to $15.6M

Deadline is saying $15.6m for Deadpool & Wolverine, either way insane numbers.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2024/08/box-office-it-ends-with-us-blake-lively-ryan-reynolds-1236034150/

Deadline top 10 finally up

1.) Deadpool & Wolverine (Dis) 4,230 (+20) theaters, Fri $15.6M (-44%) 3-day $55.8M (-42%), Total $495.9M/Wk 3

2.) It Ends With Us (Sony) 3,611 theaters, Fri $24M, 3-day $45M-$49M/Wk 1

3.) Twisters (Uni/WB) 3,664 (-345) theaters, $4.4M (-33%), 3-day $15.4M (-32%), Total $222.7M/Wk 4

4.) Borderlands (LG) 3,125 theaters, Fri $4M, 3-day $8M-$10M/Wk 1

5.) Despicable Me 4 (Uni) 3,009 (-367) theaters, Fri $2.5M (-25%) 3-day $8.75M (-24%), Total $330.8M/Wk 6

6.) Trap (WB) 3,181 theaters, Fri $2M (-69%) 3-day $6.7M (-56%), Total $28.7M /Wk 2

7.) Inside Out 2 (Dis) 2,200 (-415) theaters Fri $1.5M (-24%) 3-day $5.2M (-23%) Total $636.7M/Wk 9

8.) Harold and the Purple Crayon (Sony) 3325 theaters, Fri $1M (-56%), 3-day $3.5M (-42%)/Total $13.2M/ Wk 2

9.) Cuckcoo (NEON) 1,503 theaters, Fri $1.35M 3-day $3M, Wk 1

10.) Longlegs (NEON) 1,310 (-840) theatres, Fri $600K (-54%), 3-day $1.9M (-55%), Total $71.1M/Wk 5

Pretty happy to see the BO in such good shape right now after how dire things looked 3 months ago. It seems we are through the strike affected doldrums and the rest of the year looks great.  Most happy about how well Twisters is holding up considering how so many of us were afraid DP and W would kill it's legs. But it seems to be thriving as Counterprogramming. At the same time while DOM it's way out doing Dead Reckoning from last year but it's terrible OS numbers mean it will do way less than that did Overall. As 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Avatree said:

it ends with us 45M opening?! feels like this came out of absolutely nowhere. that's insane!

How a movie based on a book Number 1 on new York times best seller list this week (in Its 132th week on the top10!!!) is something coming out of absolutely nowhere? 💀

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

How a movie based on a book Number 1 on new York times best seller list this week (in Its 132th week on the top10!!!) is something coming out of absolutely nowhere? 💀

i mean that's quite common for books to increase sales when the movie comes out. i guess i just mean that i haven't heard anyone ever talk about this film, and haven't seen any marketing at all for it.