CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Ugh. Why does it matter how old she is? Did they ever have this kind of headline for Roger Moore when he was 180 years old and still playing Bond? I hate Hollywood's double standards regarding aging in men versus aging in women. Besides, Cruz is smoldering and Craig is 45.

fine

And I thought Skyfall was great and I got it on BR, which I rarely do, but I will never get over why M had to go to Skyfall with Bond, especially if they were trying to decoy. That was my main ugh of the movie.

And I thought Skyfall was great and I got it on BR, which I rarely do, but I will never get over why M had to go to Skyfall with Bond, especially if they were trying to decoy. That was my main ugh of the movie.

Bond thought he could protect M but he couldn't..

Its one of Bond failures as a man, he always can't protect the ones closest to him. 

• Like 1

The idea of a high-profile, award-winning actress like Cruz playing a Bond girl at least suggests that her Bond girl would be more of an actual character, and less of an expendable whatsherface, which I'm all for. Remember how great Eva Green was in the role and in her interaction with Bond? I'd surely like to see more of that. (Note: I'm not saying that I'd like every main Bond girl from here on out to necessarily have a big, emotional story arc with Bond or anything, but her simply being, you know, a person - that'd be excellent).

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1

Isn't that a tradition for Bond Girls casting? Take an actress with some serious resume that has some little background playing a lead role in the action/motivation of the story alongside Bond and a starlet for eye candy that ends up generally dead as cannon fodder serving nothing important to the plot. (But both fall for Bond one way or another).

(That's why QoS sucked, they casted two starlets)

Edited by dashrendar44