CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

I think it would be a mistake to bring in a previous Bond director. From a marketing point of view it would be a regressive step. Rightly or wrongly, Skyfall is seen as an improvement on previous Bonds. To use a former Bond director is looking like a step backward. A big name director is needed to push the Bond box office forward. Christopher Nolan would be awesome. He would bring his vision to the next Bond film as well as increased media interest and the fans of his own movies. 

9/10 people who watch the bond movies have no idea or don't care who any of the directors are so this post is kind of irrelevant.
  • Like 1

Bond can easily force out Interstellar if the studio wants it to, but I think it's more likely that they wait until 2015, perhaps even releasing it during the summer like they used to, and nearly did with QoS.

9/10 people who watch the bond movies have no idea or don't care who any of the directors are so this post is kind of irrelevant.

Where do you think the "buzz" for Skyfall initially came from? I'm talking about the buzz before the movie opened.

Where do you think the "buzz" for Skyfall initially came from? I'm talking about the buzz before the movie opened.

No, let me answer that Jessie, as you were so rude. It came from the media. You are telling me that 9 out of 10 people wouldn't know if Christopher Nolan was the new director? And you are telling me that the buzz in the media is going to build on Skyfall if the producers hire an old Bond director. I am talking about the producers having some control in the media story and building a higher sense of anticipation and excitement that can only come from making it fresh. Put an old Bond director in there, and what they did before is all that will be expected.

I expect that if Sony thinks they can make Bond in time for 2014 they'll force Interstellar out. They won't push it to 2015 unless they don't have time. Bond 23 was a 1.1 billion dollar movie; they want to keep the turnaround time as low as possible.

November 14th could work, there's currently nothing in that slot with an early release on October 31st in the UK and elsewhere or they could release day and date on October 31st.

November 14th could work, there's currently nothing in that slot with an early release on October 31st in the UK and elsewhere or they could release day and date on October 31st.

I don't know, I am not sure they want to release just one week before Hunger Games Part 3

I don't know, I am not sure they want to release just one week before Hunger Games Part 3

I'm sure Bond would be fine against the Hunger Games, its has always fared best in November so I'm unsure whether Sony would move it to a different month,

How about July 31, 2015?

Bond hasn't had a summer release since License to Kill, would be interesting to see it released in the summer as I'm sure it'd do okay but it would be a bit odd,

I'm sure Bond would be fine against the Hunger Games, its has always fared best in November so I'm unsure whether Sony would move it to a different month,Bond hasn't had a summer release since License to Kill, would be interesting to see it released in the summer as I'm sure it'd do okay but it would be a bit odd,

Like BU, could do great here. Maybe not the legs, but 120M+ OW with 2.8X  is 336M and Summer movies can do big OS as well.

Look at Potter, Marvel, now there is talk of moving SW from May also Bond has opened outside of November before.

Edited by Neo

I'm sure Bond would be fine against the Hunger Games, its has always fared best in November so I'm unsure whether Sony would move it to a different month,Bond hasn't had a summer release since License to Kill, would be interesting to see it released in the summer as I'm sure it'd do okay but it would be a bit odd,

another reason I don't think Bond 24 will release just one week before Mockinjay is because they probably want at least two weeks of IMAX

No, let me answer that Jessie, as you were so rude. It came from the media. You are telling me that 9 out of 10 people wouldn't know if Christopher Nolan was the new director? And you are telling me that the buzz in the media is going to build on Skyfall if the producers hire an old Bond director. I am talking about the producers having some control in the media story and building a higher sense of anticipation and excitement that can only come from making it fresh. Put an old Bond director in there, and what they did before is all that will be expected.

Wow, never intended to be rude. Oh and btw, Skyfalls buzz came from the Olympics and its 50th year anniversary, not because it was directed by 'Sam Mendes' (who btw more than 9 out of 10 people have also never heard of.) And yes Nolan would make an impact seeing as he's a big name now, but to say that hiring someone like Campell again instead of Mendes would lower the GA's interest in the movie is simply a load of crap, no offence. Edited by Jessie