CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Lol, what James Bond movies are y'all watching? :lol:  Cause Inception sure didn't feel like any one I've ever seen!

There was a lot of Bond stuff in it. Just a much more unique and interesting concept overall than "yet another James Bond movie." Not that there's anything wrong with the Bond franchise, mind you. I love the movies. But you pretty much know what you're getting when you walk into one of those movies.

Lol, what James Bond movies are y'all watching? :lol:  Cause Inception sure didn't feel like any one I've ever seen!

An extended action scene ... constitutes one of the picture's "dream layers."  This "layer" features enemy agents chasing our heroes through snow capped mountains on snowmobiles while trying to protect a '70s to '80s-esque cement secret headquarters.  If that sounds a little James Bond to you, Nolan doesn't disagree.  

During a press conference for "Inception" this morning, HitFix asked Nolan if filming this portion of the film's "dream" in this style helped get the urge to shoot a James Bond film out of his system.  Nolan laughed and replied, "Quite a bit of it yeah." 

• Like 1

An extended action scene ... constitutes one of the picture's "dream layers."  This "layer" features enemy agents chasing our heroes through snow capped mountains on snowmobiles while trying to protect a '70s to '80s-esque cement secret headquarters.  If that sounds a little James Bond to you, Nolan doesn't disagree.  

During a press conference for "Inception" this morning, HitFix asked Nolan if filming this portion of the film's "dream" in this style helped get the urge to shoot a James Bond film out of his system.  Nolan laughed and replied, "Quite a bit of it yeah." 

I guess you mean more just some of the action scenes then? Maybe, but the movie as a whole doesn't feel like a Bond movie at all to me. If Nolan did Bond I think it would be a lot different than Inception. All of Nolan's action is similar in style, so we know what to expect there.

I guess you mean more just some of the action scenes then? Maybe, but the movie as a whole doesn't feel like a Bond movie at all to me. If Nolan did Bond I think it would be a lot different than Inception. All of Nolan's action is similar in style, so we know what to expect there.

Sure. Nolan just meant the action scenes, taken alone (outside of the dream layers). The assault on the mountain fortress is basically right out of a Bond movie.

• Like 2

After Skyfall I don't feel the urge to see a Nolan Bond movie, we've already had it.

Still, he will have just done Interstellar so perhaps his career trajectory is now 'big franchise>big original>big franchise>big original>etc'.

I still hold out hope he'll some day make his low budget black comedy masterpiece. I'm sure he has it in him.

• Like 1

Skyfall IMO was pretty great and there's also that maybe the next director ( whoever that might be ) will have a tough job following 

That's why these more high profile directors are reluctant to take on the next Bond