CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

I think it would be a mistake to bring in a previous Bond director. From a marketing point of view it would be a regressive step. Rightly or wrongly, Skyfall is seen as an improvement on previous Bonds. To use a former Bond director is looking like a step backward.

A big name director is needed to push the Bond box office forward. Christopher Nolan would be awesome. He would bring his vision to the next Bond film as well as increased media interest and the fans of his own movies. 

What about Campbell? Mendes wasn't a big name director.

Still have to see it. I loved Hanna,liked atonement and I loathed the soloist.

I hate Soloist as well. I liked Hanna a lot, and loathe, detest, hate, the two barf-worthy ostentatious films that are Pomp and Circumstance, and Aknightmare. (Mainly because of Knightmare though)

Interstellar just took the date I expected Bond 24 to get. November 7, 2014. I wonder if they will still take that date and force Interstellar out since Bond is still the established series

I expect that if Sony thinks they can make Bond in time for 2014 they'll force Interstellar out. They won't push it to 2015 unless they don't have time. Bond 23 was a 1.1 billion dollar movie; they want to keep the turnaround time as low as possible.