Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

People remember LOTR just as much.As for the half movie theory, this isn't the start of a massive new franchise, so there is no 'finale' factor, so to speak. People will watch Part 1 and part 2.

I meant the finale factor of DH2, which boosted its gross significantly.The mistake you (and most people) are making here is that you are just assuming that everyone who saw LOTR will see it as a direct sequel/prequel. Well... news flash.... they will not.... and in reality, it ain't!But we can continue this another time. This thread is about Avengers... there will be plenty of time later...

LOTR is not something you can forget. That's not possible. Just like Potter. It won't ever be forgotten.

I always thought the LOTR films were vastly overrated when they came out but they have grown on me over the years and i love them now. I can't compare them to Potter as i have only seen like 3 Potter films (just not my thing).

auntyproton ‏ @auntyproton

Thought waiting til Sunday morning would mean no lines at Avengers. Instead, Star Wars style line.

This film is a fucking beast

I feel weird not seeing OW. Please do throw stones at me for not seeing yet.

"Was all ready to see The Avengers with my dad. Get to the theater...tickets are sold out for the rest of the day. Day ruined :("

Twitter looking good :shades: , hopefully when I wake up there will be some estimates.

I thought the film was great fun but i kind of get what you and Noctis mean. TA reminded me of a bigger and better made Iron Man film, the same light hearted tone but not much substance, just better made.I'm not hating on the film at all, its the best superhero film i have seen in a few years, i just don't think its very deep.

No one was dissing the film saying this, it was honestly just an observation about what it is. And that formula destroyed OW so they did it right obv

I meant the finale factor of DH2, which boosted its gross significantly.The mistake you (and most people) are making here is that you are just assuming that everyone who saw LOTR will see it as a direct sequel/prequel. Well... news flash.... they will not.... and in reality, it ain't!But we can continue this another time. This thread is about Avengers... there will be plenty of time later...

everyone knows what The Hobbit is don't you worry. And it doesn't matter. The fact is. Hobbit does not even have to get the same admissions as the last LOTR film to get over a billion.

ROTK adjusts to over 480m.The Hobbit could drop significantly in admissions, which it likely will, and still get to 400m quite easily with the help of inflation, 3D, the holidays, and excellent WOM (which I assume will be the case).

HP, SW... why but why?!I knew this thread would become infested, twisted or turned upside down.I remember that's the thing i disliked a lot when i lurked in BOM... so exhausting.

You have some good points but saying LOTR series is dimly remembered is not one of them. Everyone I know still remembers the LOTR films. Not as relevant as HP? HP had its last movie come out last year so of course it is in peoples minds

Everyone you know must also remember Spiderman. So it will make 400M+ DOM? No.My point is: LOTR-fans may not be as eager to see TH1 as everyone is assuming them to be.

Stupid like quota

Yeah, why is there a like quota? There are so many people in this thread who deserve a like but my like ability ran out hours ago. Of course on the flip side there have also been posts in this thread that make me wonder if some people are stupid or just trolling but that's the internet for you.

JLA is not doomed because of GL. Hulk flopped for Marvel. I would say the pressure is on Superman to perform well, if that disappoints JLA probably won't happen until a Flash or Aquaman film breaks out.

Agree on the GL thing. I'm hoping Supes next movie is good so a JLA movie can happen. The main problem is see is that Nolan has turned Batman into a character that won't fit in the JLA movie. They need the comic version of Batman to pull that off.

auntyproton ‏ @auntyproton

Thought waiting til Sunday morning would mean no lines at Avengers. Instead, Star Wars style line.

Same happened to me this morning. Was going to go see it with my brother (who hasn't seen it). We thought catching the 11:00am showing would allow us to avoid crowds. No such luck.