Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

You seem to be turning against TDKR with every passing day, is it reverse phychology?

I lost hope for it. I do not see way people are people are predicted 450-490m for this.I was one in the summer game that put 550m for TA. Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

What next? TF3 had heart and give Bay a belated Oscar nod. Come on! There's nothing wrong making a entertaining, fun film. But huge box office won't change it to an Oscar-classic. TA has an incredibly lame plot and story, it's driven by the characters. Don't put the film on a pedestal that it doesn't even try to be.

Tf3 is your comparison? Okay, I'm done with this discussion.

What next? TF3 had heart and give Bay a belated Oscar nod. Come on! There's nothing wrong making a entertaining, fun film. But huge box office won't change it to an Oscar-classic. TA has an incredibly lame plot and story, it's driven by the characters. Don't put the film on a pedestal that it doesn't even try to be.

Comparing TA to TF3 is like comparing Batman Begins and Batman and Robin. Both had Batman in it, right? So we can compare them in terms of depth pronto.

Since this talk of 'heart' is still going on: the emotional depth you got out of TA probably depended on how much you cared about the characters from the previous films/comics. I didn't, and never really cared about them here because there was never enough time with any one hero.BUT, I could appreciate how economical the story was with this group and their arc as a collective was palpable enough that I thoroughly enjoyed the ride, even if the the outcome was never in doubt.What I'd like to see in the sequel is more instances of them getting physically hurt. There definitely wasn't enough of that and over time it lessened the suspense (suspense that should have peaked in the finale). But I forgive it that because the action was, for the most part, very well realised.And hey: Hulk.

Edited by Hatebox

I lost hope for it. I do not see way people are people are predicted 450-490m for this.I was one in the summer game that put 550m for TA.

Hmm, why did you lose hope for it? Because of TA's success? Because of the latest trailor? I thought people liked the latest trailor?

Tf3 is your comparison? Okay, I'm done with this discussion.

TA is superior in every department, but yes, TF is a good comparison in terms of the aim of the movie. One succeeded, one failed. They even have the same third act and stupid ending lol

Justice League of America.

Sounds like a flop.EDIT: It has Batman and Superman? Interesting. Would definitely have some potential, but that would depend on a wide variety of variables. Edited by Heretic

Hmm, why did you lose hope for it? Because of TA's success? Because of the latest trailor? I thought people liked the latest trailor?

Avengers success how many people are going to want to see so many superhero movies in one summer. TA set high exceptions as well.

Its always the same with the hardcore TDK fanboys.A more successful film comes around and they do everything, to play their success down.Its early 2010 all over again..THATS SAD and pathetic!!!

• Like 6

Justice League of America. Superhero team with Batman, Superman, and a bunch of lower tier DC characters.

Sounds stupid. Having Superman (invincible) makes it even less relatable.