Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Wait, so you're assuming a JLA movie would make more than TDKR? That might be one of the dumbest assumptions I've seen on here. The last time WB attempted to ripoff a Marvel movie, we ended up with Green Lantern. That one was a gigantic flop. TDKR is guaranteed to make $800m worldwide. The same cannot be said of a JLA movie by any means.

TDKR is guaranteed to make 1bn.

This method should work, percentage of admissions divide by ticket price for each formatAvengers200[0.52/10.83 (3D) + 0.4/7.83 (2D) + 0.12/15.4 (IMAX)] = 21.37 million ticketsDark Knight(158.4 - 6.3)/7.18 (2D) + 6.3/14.2 (IMAX) = 21.63 million tickets

Avengers sold 25,58 mill tickets according to BOM

TA didn't have much emotional depth at all. Nor were the dramatic stakes really felt. But it did have heart -- from the chemistry of the cast to the pre-existing character development from the earlier films. And Whedon was smart enough to give each of 'em (well, most of 'em) little mini-arcs so there was some emotional depth (albeit nothing dramatic).

This post makes no fucking sense.

I think the bigger question is what 2012 is on right now. Four months into the year, we've had an awe-inspiring 200m opener in The Avengers, a 150/400 movie in The Hunger Games, a 200m+ movie in The Lorax, and we haven't even gotten our Batman, Spider-Man, Twilight and Lord of the Rings movies. Even 2012's bombs have been mighty- John Carter was an epic disaster for Disney.

You say it like it's fact. I see it doing over 1.4bn.

Sure.... a half of a movie with no real sense of purpose and loosely related to a franchise now dimly remembered by the majority of the moviegoers is gonna beat the epic conclusion of the biggest franchise in the movie ever based on the most popular storybooks ever..... yeah sure!

What next? TF3 had heart and give Bay a belated Oscar nod. Come on! There's nothing wrong making a entertaining, fun film. But huge box office won't change it to an Oscar-classic. TA has an incredibly lame plot and story, it's driven by the characters. Don't put the film on a pedestal that it doesn't even try to be.

Wait, so you're assuming a JLA movie would make more than TDKR? That might be one of the dumbest assumptions I've seen on here. The last time WB attempted to ripoff a Marvel movie, we ended up with Green Lantern. That one was a gigantic flop. TDKR is guaranteed to make $800m worldwide. The same cannot be said of a JLA movie by any means.

Look even if TA would sucked it still would done 180m OWSo let say JLA would suck and it would sucked JLA would at least done 420m and around 400m OS. It would not been as big but WB could also make JLA for less money than did TDKR which means more of a profit.

Sure.... a half of a movie with no real sense of purpose and loosely related to a franchise now dimly remembered by the majority of the moviegoers is gonna beat the epic conclusion of the biggest franchise in the movie ever based on the most popular storybooks ever..... yeah sure!

Dimly remembered? Give me a freaking break.

What next? TF3 had heart and give Bay a belated Oscar nod. Come on! There's nothing wrong making a entertaining, fun film. But huge box office won't change it to an Oscar-classic. TA has an incredibly lame plot and story, it's driven by the characters. Don't put the film on a pedestal that it doesn't even try to be.

You are not making any sense.At all.

What do you find confusing?

That's a good post and I agree with most of it but he's probably talking about you starting it off with saying there's no emotional depth and finishing it off with saying there is emotional depth.

Look even if TA would sucked it still would done 180m OWSo let say JLA would suck and it would sucked JLA would at least done 420m and around 400m OS. It would not been as big but WB could also make JLA for less money than did TDKR which means more of a profit.

The domestic floor on JLA is $420m? Seriously the most delusional thing I've ever seen on here.