Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I am a TDK/Nolan fan, an Avatar/Cameron fan and an Avengers/Marvel. For some reason I am starting to believe that I can't be that because the Universe isn't ready to accept someone who likes all 3 :lol:

• Like 2

Even after this impressive feat you still understimate The Avengers.Don't worry, it happens all the time. It's okay to eat crow every once and a while. :)

We have only ever had 3 films hit $500mil in the US, 3 FILMS!. If TA comes withing $200mil of AVATAR, i'll be the first to hold my hands up and say the film has done great. I just think people are getting ahead of themselves because of the opening.

I'm not worried at all Dexter, AVATAR will be atleast $1.5 billion ahead of TA worldwide. TDK fans really need to let the AVATAR hate go, its been 2 years ffs.

Avengers word mouth it has a chance. I honestly hopes it beats Avengers it would be great to have a new highest grossing film. Box records are meant to be broken.Why do do all caps for Avatar?

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!! I fucking did it!!!!!! I finally got 1 right and it was the big one!!!! Woo Hooo!!!!!! :hi5:

So happy for you! You are a real life Avenger, BKB! It was your relentless cheering and sacrifices you took (such as getting banned for fighting for the cause you believe in) that make you one true Avenger. :wub: :wub: :wub: Edited by fishnets

It still boggles my mind how Avatar made so much. I get it was an "event" and all, but the movie itself was just so...lame.I seriously doubt Avatar 2's take comes all that close to the original.

I am a TDK/Nolan fan, an Avatar/Cameron fan and an Avengers/Marvel. For some reason I am starting to believe that I can't be that because the Universe isn't ready to accept someone who likes all 3 :lol:

Me too man! They all have their faults but are all entertaining as hell throw LOTR in there too

Even Cameron isn`t worried but fanboys will be fanboys.

I honestly don`t see how TA won`t get there. With $300 mio in the kitty after 2 weeks and enough gas in the tank to sly to Asgard and back, makes sense to me. Multipliers be damn. Some movies are just crazy and cannot be explained rationally.

Thats delusional, it really is Fishnets.

Bitter.

WTF? What an idiotic comment. I own Avatar and love the movie. I'm sick of your stupid generalizations on this forum. Really sick of it. The reason I would laugh has nothing to do with Avatar, but the amount of money itself. $750m is insane. Avatar had an incredible run to get there. No one in their right mind would think Avengers can get there, so it would be hilarious if it does.

Me too man! They all have their faults but are all entertaining as hell throw LOTR in there too

Yes. I am also a huge fan of LotR and Harry Potter.

We have only ever had 3 films hit $500mil in the US, 3 FILMS!. If TA comes withing $200mil of AVATAR, i'll be the first to hold my hands up and say the film has done great. I just think people are getting ahead of themselves because of the opening.

Avengers will surpass the $500M DOM in three weeks. :)