Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

According to BOM, SM3's estimate is 21,964,000. So if that happens TA would at least be the most attended Summer kick off film.

BOM doesn't take into account the IMAX tickets sold at a different price.

http://detroit.about.com/od/movietheaters/a/D-Box_Movie_Seats.htmAverage D-Box price is $8 above normal price. Normal price for 3D here is ~$14, so $22.50 makes sense. That would mean average price for this was ~$17.18. However, I don't know the D-Box share, so I cannot make any assumptions. Average price for XD is around the same as IMAX 3D, so I'd have to assume the overall average is just a tad bit above that. In this case, it's a 3% bump

Considering this type of seats don't even have a whole room for them, but are just the seats right in front, how many such tickets can actually be sold? And are those prices mentioned in the link the same for the whole country and every type of premium non IMAX show?

Considering this type of seats don't even have a whole room for them, but are just the seats right in front, how many such tickets can actually be sold?And are those prices mentioned in the link the same for the whole country and every type of premium non IMAX show?

Dunno, but BOM stated the premium non IMAX share was 4%, so I'm guessing a good number, very close to 500,000. Whole country, but only D-Box shows. Nothing else

I am not much of a horse guy, but I love this..!So .. 210mio still isn`t enough to equal TDK and/or da Spiderman ?

In all likelihood, it would be a few hundred thousand over both.

Dunno, but BOM stated the premium non IMAX share was 4%, so I'm guessing a good number, very close to 500,000. Whole country, but only D-Box shows. Nothing else

Is this the only type of premium seating available (D-Box) or are there others and what is the average price for them? Besides, if we go splitting hairs, one can argue that TA has have more children under 12 that saw it, which would mean cheaper tickets. In my book, if TA crosses 205 mil it has defiantly broken the attendance record. If it's between 202-204 mil, it's a tie. Under 202 mil, 2nd or 3rd (have no idea of SM3 numbers).

Seriously, TA has totally made DH2's OW its bitch. Not just the total is 30m bigger, but it totally destroied DH2 on Saturday and Sunday.

Most impressive thing about DH2 has always been and will always be the midnights number. That was insanity. Edited by Jussslic

Is this the only type of premium seating available (D-Box) or are there others and what is the average price for them?Besides, if we go splitting hairs, one can argue that TA has have more children under 12 that saw it, which would mean cheaper tickets. In my book, if TA crosses 205 mil it has defiantly broken the attendance record. If it's between 202-204 mil, it's a tie. Under 202 mil, 2nd or 3rd (have no idea of SM3 numbers).

There are others, which is why I used a $15.30 price instead of a $17.18 price (D-Box average).True, but the same can be said for SM3, and then we'd have to reevaluate EVERY single film's OW. The difference is almost negligible though. Not nearly the same as the 3D/2D difference