Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

If Sunday hits 60M my head is going to explode.Actuals are going to be really interesting.

Heck, I would be happy if this just stayed at $200m, anything beyond that is like well, I have no idea.

I can't believe there's a chance this does 61m on Sunday. Crazy.Huffington Post estimated 25.6 million tickets compared to 22m for TDK/SM3... is that for real?

Nah thats wrong, 210m OW would equate to around ~22.2million tickets. However TDK/SM3 are also wrong they around 21.6m

I can't believe there's a chance this does 61m on Sunday. Crazy.Huffington Post estimated 25.6 million tickets compared to 22m for TDK/SM3... is that for real?

They probably got that number from BOM which doesn't account for 3D/IMAX. It's closer to 22m. Edited by blackspider

If I were Disney and Sunday ends up around $58-59m, I would give a bit of cash from Saturday to Sunday so we can have our first weekend with three days above $60m.

Fuck take from John Carter it had a 1000% increase in the estimates. Nobody cares from about John Carter.

If I were Disney and Sunday ends up around $58-59m, I would give a bit of cash from Saturday to Sunday so we can have our first weekend with three days above $60m.

I'm hoping Saturday is actually underestimated a bit. How great would it be to see 80, 70, and 60 tomorrow? :lol:

Fuck take from John Carter it had a 1000% increase in the estimates. Nobody cares from about John Carter.

lol. We'll now see JC crawl to $100m. Mysteriously it will keep getting 1000% increases as Disney tries to save face by shaving away bits and pieces of TA gross. Okay, I hope that doesn't happen, but I can see Disney doing something like that, but they already fired someone, so they really shouldn't give a care about JC's gross at this point. No one else does.

Talk about how screwed TDKR is all you want, but I feel like the real loser is going to be TASM.

Agreed. TDKR will still be fine....I gotta wonder how much emotion will be left for Spidey this summer among the movie-going public.