75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

I think it's a good hold but is anyone else a little worried we could see some frontloadedness as the week goes on? I remember with HP8 after the huge weekend it seemed to really be frontloaded. This has some great WOM, no doubt but anything above 450 Million to me is not a lock just yet.

I think if we get a Friday number that look like a sub 50% drop, this weekend's thread will be pretty large too.

I think anything less than 55% will be amazing and should get that sort of response. We're talking about a crowd that, ever since TDK, has had to deal with ridiculous OW numbers from franchises like Twilight, HP and THG, all of which have such rabid fanbases, the second weekend drops are inevitably 60-70%.

I was actually wondering about that. Are they gonna put Black Widow and Hawkeye in the same solo-ish venture if they do one?

That would be fine with me, but I have a feeling they would just do a SHIELD movie and have them be a part of it, now that they are essentially the SHIELD members of The Avengers. Sam Jackson said that a SHIELD film was a part of his 9 picture deal.

I'd say 95/5.If it follows SM3 from here, it will finish with 550M. Can't really see it going much lower than that.

How do you ascertain that? Do you guys have Excel spreadsheets with macros comparing past movies with current ones? OrMaybe its as simple as taking sm3's dom/ow and extrapolating out for TA. Maybe its just as simple Edited by lilmac

I think it's a good hold but is anyone else a little worried we could see some frontloadedness as the week goes on? I remember with HP8 after the huge weekend it seemed to really be frontloaded. This has some great WOM, no doubt but anything above 450 Million to me is not a lock just yet.

I would agree with you normally, but the way this movie has performed so far is in another league to how those did.At this point I wouldn't bet against it if only because we haven't seen anything like this before, so that leaves the door open for all kinds of possibilities.

BTW, I'm not really sure what TA does to my theory that for a comic book SH film series to elevate above 200m, it needs the main character(s) to have "Man" or "Men" in their names. I guess, with Iron Man as the obvious lead, it further confirms it.

X-Men -X2, X3

Superman -Superman Returns

Spider-Man -SM1, SM2, SM3

Batman - Batman, BB, TDK

Iron Man - IM1, IM2, TA

Films that just didn't have enough to get past the magical 200m mark:

Wolverine

Thor

Captain America

Fantastic Four

Hulk

Ghost Rider

Daredevil

Green Lantern

Exception to this rule: Watchmen

Mystery Men, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and Catwoman say 'Hi'.