CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Rallax said they sold 1877 tickets yesterday...that's a 17% drop from what they sold on Saturday (for Avengers).

Rth said TA dropped 45-47% from last Sunday.

Rth said TA dropped 45-47% from last Sunday.

Yep, so it should be at about 29-30 mill....what did he say about DS?

GWTW as the Avatar of 1939..it was the first completely colour film, it was the first film to "swear" and it was a huge budget, grand scope and a story that was close to a lot of people's ethos (sorry can't think of another word without being cheesy). So yes it is a massive film, but as others have mentioned, it's a film that has maybe 30 or so releases. So it deserves its place in history for sure, but has it really sold that many tickets? Who knows.

I was just commenting on his use of the BOM adjustment figure to calculate the attendence for GWTW. I looked at every release and came to a figure of about 175million. I'm not taking anything away from its performance nor do I think it is fair to compare films across such a distance in time.

I was just commenting on his use of the BOM adjustment figure to calculate the attendence for GWTW. I looked at every release and came to a figure of about 175million. I'm not taking anything away from its performance nor do I think it is fair to compare films across such a distance in time.

I agree with you 100%. I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Down less than 20% from sat.

If DS goes up a few hundred thousand and Avengers drops a few hundred, then that means that DS might actually make more on opening weekend that TA lowest day...that's a very big question in the summer game.2) Will Dark Shadows come within 70 mill of The Avengers?3) Will Dark Shadows drop more than 25% on Sunday?4) Will Dark Shadows weekend gross be more than any single day of The Avengers?

100+mio 2nd weekend - WOW! Incredible hold for such a huge start.and.:We will never know the real GWTW attendance numbers.Titanic was the last movie without "competition" from internet piracy. TPM was already affected, but not nearly as much as movies today.I also don`t think, that any movie will reach such attendance numbers again. Many people wait for the dvd/bd/netflix release and watch it on their own home cinema systems.

Edited by chaos
  • Like 1

If DS goes up a few hundred thousand and Avengers drops a few hundred, then that means that DS might actually make more on opening weekend that TA lowest day...that's a very big question in the summer game.2) Will Dark Shadows come within 70 mill of The Avengers?3) Will Dark Shadows drop more than 25% on Sunday?4) Will Dark Shadows weekend gross be more than any single day of The Avengers?

Anyone cares how DS performs later?

Actually GWTW is probably around 170-180 million. From 1939-1942, over it's first and second release, it sold 52 million tickets. In total it had 10 or 11 individual releases.

That means Star Wars may actually be the number one ticket seller across all releases.

Gitesh Pandya ‏ @giteshpandya

Seeing JohnnyDepp was a popular MothersDay gift. #DarkShadows better than estimated SUN. $29.7M revised opening wknd.

Edited by ECSTASY

Gitesh Pandya ‏ @giteshpandya

Seeing JohnnyDepp was a popular MothersDay gift. #DarkShadows better than estimated SUN. $29.7M revised opening wknd.

I was really hoping it's get adjusted down, for the sake of my HSX.

People will barely survive the BSG question. :lol:

maybe not...Avengers might fall below 30 with actuals...fingers crossed.

maybe not...Avengers might fall below 30 with actuals...fingers crossed.

I thought most people sad yes to DS having the weekend bigger than one of TA's days. Friday is already less than 30M so they will barely survive.

I thought most people sad yes to DS having the weekend bigger than one of TA's days. Friday is already less than 30M so they will barely survive.

That's right!!! Actually, I think it was a pretty good split. Many people picked No as well. So now I'm good and I have a good chance of getting a great score.