Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

8 hours ago, chrisman0606 said:

So SH films are not popular in Japan then? also what genres are the most popular in Japan?

SH films are not very popular in Japan but Japanese anime, film specials of Japanese TV series and some notable Disney/Pixar animations are. It's a very very local-driven market.

• Like 1

I love how Forbes thinks Shin-Godzilla is going to make only $39m total. It looks like it's going to do well over that. @Corpse looking like it has a shot at possibly being at 35m by this weekend's end if my math is right, no?

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

For the top ten what is the estimates but also in USD? 

1.) SLOP 3.6m

2.) Shin-Godzilla 2.1m

3/4.) Dory/Jungle Book 1.9

6.) X-men 1.1m

These are general numbers. Might be off by a little.

Maybe the drawback is that it's part live action and it's also for kids, so the dubbing might look more awkward than if it was all animated. All the ads that I saw were in English. What does better normally dubs or subs?

Edited by lab276

stupid Illumination... I really hopre it's just a phase... tbh even DWA seemed to be outdoing Disney-Pixar for a while (in WW terms) but I'm glad it's over now... Illumination could be the same. these are only its first 5 years, wait til the Despicable/Minions franchise is done and we'll see if they can survive.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2016 at 7:09 PM, Quigley said:

stupid Illumination... I really hopre it's just a phase... tbh even DWA seemed to be outdoing Disney-Pixar for a while (in WW terms) but I'm glad it's over now... Illumination could be the same. these are only its first 5 years, wait til the Despicable/Minions franchise is done and we'll see if they can survive.

Dreamworks was better than Illumination, and that's saying something. Antz and Prince of Egypt were respectable (though the former was a real theft) and the first Shrek had a reason to exist. Plus, their first sequel was on their 8th film.

Illumination, on the other hand, makes cheap products with no depth, no structure, no charm, no respect for animation. Despicable movies that are the epitome of modernity: a bunch of non-existent (but funny and foxy) characters producing dozens of dumb gags and jokes every minute. And the average half-brained moviegoer is satisfied when he laughs a few times. Not to mention, in perfect bum-style, they squeeze their few oafish ideas more than any studio has ever made: since 2010 there have been 3 minions and the fourth is coming soon (heck, they already set the release dates of their "franchise films" for the rest of the decade...last year -.-) .

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

Dreamworks was better than Illumination, and that's saying something. Antz and Prince of Egypt were respectable (though the former was a real theft) and the first Shrek had a reason to exist. Plus, their first sequel was on their 8th film.

Illumination, on the other hand, makes cheap products with no depth, no structure, no charm, no respect for animation. Despicable movies that are the epitome of modernity: a bunch of non-existent (but funny and foxy) characters producing dozens of dumb gags and jokes every minute. And the average half-brained moviegoer is satisfied when he laughs a few times. Not to mention, in perfect bum-style, they squeeze their few oafish ideas more than any studio has ever made: since 2010 there have been 3 minions and the fourth is coming soon (heck, they already set the release dates of their "franchise films" for the rest of the decade...last year -.-) .

I don't think it's fair to say that illumination studios has no respect for animation. Do you have any actual connection to the animation industry?

On 11/8/2016 at 9:07 PM, cannastop said:

I don't think it's fair to say that illumination studios has no respect for animation. Do you have any actual connection to the animation industry?

Their products clearly show it. Animation is treated as a mindless genre good for nothing but for a few laughs. That's lack of respect (which is successful since it's favored by the masses' similar attitude).

• Like 1