Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

That would require an increase over all three previous films in yen and admissions. That was never going to happen, guys. $70 million is attainable even with a $9/10 million opening weekend. A multiplier of 6 is very likely, and a 7 shouldn't be too difficult to achieve. If it breaks 1 billion yen ($12/13 million) this weekend, then $80 million comes into play.

In his forecast, he had 83M for TASM so it'll finish below his forecast. :(I wanted 100M+ for TASM in Japan.

Let's be realistic, SM3 did $53m, with 70m TASM would have a real increase.With 3D and the record of screens it's attainable :)

No real data has been released yet this weekend, but crowd and theatre reports are indicating Rinjo: The Movie is doing exceptionally well and could debut in the Top 3. Sunday in general is also really strong. There are various sell outs (espesically in Shinjuku, Tokyo) for most films in release, even for Thermae Romae in it's tenth week. I've seen someone mention many theaters are selling tickets for 1,000 yen (about 40% discount) today, so that's probably the key reason. Estimates should be out in the morning (10ish hours from this post), but I have work at the same time and may miss posting Spider-Man's numbers before THR or another source updates tomorrow. If that's the case, just remember the number reported by them should include last weekend's previews ($3.4 million), too.

Edited by Corpse

Wish I could report more, but the weekend updates have been pretty silent. That could possibly be a good thing though with people out going to the movies. :P According to theatre reports, Spider-Man at least appears to be doing quite well. I don't see many sell outs though that should be expected given the massive screen count. And if I recall correctly, MIB 3 also didn't have many sell outs likely due to it's huge screen count, too, and it opened above expectations.

No real data has been released yet this weekend, but crowd and theatre reports are indicating Rinjo: The Movie is doing exceptionally well and could debut in the Top 3. Sunday in general is also really strong. There are various sell outs (espesically in Shinjuku, Tokyo) for most films in release, even for Thermae Romae in it's tenth week. I've seen someone mention many theaters are selling tickets for 1,000 yen (about 40% discount) today, so that's probably the key reason. Estimates should be out in the morning (10ish hours from this post), but I have work at the same time and may miss posting Spider-Man's numbers before THR or another source updates tomorrow. If that's the case, just remember the number reported by them should include last weekend's previews ($3.4 million), too.

:bravo:

Wish I could report more, but the weekend updates have been pretty silent. That could possibly be a good thing though with people out going to the movies. :P According to theatre reports, Spider-Man at least appears to be doing quite well. I don't see many sell outs though that should be expected given the massive screen count. And if I recall correctly, MIB 3 also didn't have many sell outs likely due to it's huge screen count, too, and it opened above expectations.

Massive screen count will always make fewer sellouts...I expect a 11,5 mill OW

Estimates are out and I have time before work to post them this time!I'm just going to wait about 10 minutes because Sunday's 1,000 yen ticket price is being taken into consideration. The estimates usually don't factor in things like that so the numbers would need to be adjusted down just slightly. Good news though is the weekend was very strong, with some films increasing over last weekend, too.

Estimates are out and I have time before work to post them this time!I'm just going to wait about 10 minutes because Sunday's 1,000 yen ticket price is being taken into consideration. The estimates usually don't factor in things like that so the numbers would need to be adjusted down just slightly. Good news though is the weekend was very strong, with some films increasing over last weekend, too.

Tik tak Edited by fmpro