Neo

Gods of Egypt | Feb 26, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

It is still happening here as far as I can tell. It opens tomorrow.

It was meant to be opening on Friday, I think it's only been pulled in the last few days as I remember seeing it on the official schedule last week.

17 hours ago, Telemachos said:

No one cares because the company covered its ass through foreign presales and heavy tax credits. They won't even lose money on it. 

True, but some of the companies that bought the foreign rights are gonna get stung.

i

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cookie said:

I think Lionsgate is going to struggle if they can't find another Hunger Games-sized tentpole franchise to latch on to (their revenue is going to drop big time this year), but I'd be hesitant to say they're doomed just yet.

Lionsgate problem is it has been punching above it level for a number of years with successful franchise films;now with no big franchise to replace "Twilight" and "The Hunger Games" in sight, they can't expect the same level of income, and are going to have be more cautious about what films they produce,lest what happened with New Lien happens to them.

People forget that until Twilight, Lionsgate was a small production company doing  low budget genre films.It may eventually revert to that.

They are good at protecting themselves with Pre Sales and Tax Breaks,but eventually you have to make some big successes rather then just avoiding losing money.

10 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

These period action flicks are pretty much a dime a dozen, where things like Hercules (The Rock's star power) and Immortals (greater visual intensity that harkened to 300) are the anomalies.

Even then it's not great. Hercules made 73M with 100M budget. Immortals did a similar number. 70-80M is hardly great for these big-budget movies.

4 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Even then it's not great. Hercules made 73M with 100M budget. Immortals did a similar number. 70-80M is hardly great for these big-budget movies.

Immortals did 83M on a 75M budget. And 226M WW.

Hercules did 244M WW. 

Gods of Egypt won't touch them.

On 2/24/2016 at 8:43 PM, Klingo said:

Was expecting more tv spots.

They've been spamming them over the last 2 weeks or so. I honestly can't tell if they're different ones or not doe 

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Still no signs of reviews.

There's 3 up now on RT

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

One of the quotes up so far:

"Not only does the film indulge in a right royal round of whitewashing, it also gives star Gerard Butler a brownface."

tumblr_m3z539oi9w1qzsknv.gif

So Hollywood has been doing some whitewashing for 110 years and it became wrong when the SJW s millenials took over social media ?

My Film History is sketchy at best.

• Like 1

Saw it tonight. Not as bad as the trailers make it look, but obviously not a good movie. Amid the bad cgi Proyas manages some wicked images. You can always count on him for that. 

I'll say this about the whitewashing...it's still kind of egregious, but besides the God characters everyone at least looks like they could hail from the middle east, if not accurate ancient Egypt. The fact that nearly all of the God characters are white while a majority of the mortals are ethnic is a whole nother problem. 

Edited by tonytr87