Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

16 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Woah! I had a few people tell me about the trailer today, and so yeah I had it pretty hyped up for me, but I was not disappointed! To to be honest, I'm loving the Stranger Things vibes, and I honestly think the popularity of that show is going to help this.

If quality delivers in a big way, dare I say 40M OW (or even the September record) is happening?

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This has been blowing up the social media feeds all day. I think the September record could be challenged if everything pans out for it.

$30-35m OW is the floor IMO $40m+ would be great, I'm not sure if it will break the September record though, there hasn't been a $50m OW for a horror film since Paranormal Activity 3.

• Like 1

All of the internet isn't in love with this trailer. Look at the Variety article and its comment section.

My favorite:

Stranger Things Season 3? Looks like a carbon copy of the shows vibe, right down the shameless clone like casting of the kids. Boo.

I would like to believe this is from kid born after 2000. It copying Stranger Things? One would think Stephen King's It would be considered the inspiration of Netflix's Stranger Things and not the other way around...

• Like 5

I think the fact that people grew up with the miniseries and Pennywise is the essential scary clown is why this is blowing up the way it is. I've seen about 20 people share the trailer on Facebook compared to about 3-4 for Justice League and Homecoming. I feel like 100m dom is very likely. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

This has been blowing up the social media feeds all day. I think the September record could be challenged if everything pans out for it.

I'm thinking the same thing. 4+ million trailer views already and over 100k tweets. Definitely feels like a $50M opener, and could break $60M if the marketing stays strong.

8 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I'm thinking the same thing. 4+ million trailer views already and over 100k tweets. Definitely feels like a $50M opener, and could break $60M if the marketing stays strong.

$40m is pretty hard for a September release never mind $50-60m. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

The "It" trailer took over internet today. I totally didn't expect that...

I did. Pennywise is one of the most known villains of all time.

But yeah, some of this looks really cool and other parts look like the loud jump scare fest I was fearing. Right when they showed the sewer I was like "please, don't add a loud boom when Pennywise pops up"...but of course they did because this is 2017 and we can't let the image speak for itself. The most frightening image of Pennywise is accompanied by no noise.

I really hope the movies not as loud and flashy as the end of the trailer. That reminded me of Insidious. Still this didn't diminish my hopes for this. The cinematography looks really nice and getting a Stranger Things vibe from the kids which is appropriate if they do it right.

I hope the jump scares are just for the trailer and they are lacking in the movie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I too love the trailer. Captures the feel of the book.

Completely agree so excited for this movie. Really can't wait for the next trailer which I hope they don't show to much more but let us hear Pennywise talk. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Telerian said:

The trailer didn't do anything for me, and I'm not sure why. I don't think it has anything to do with the movie itself (though I've never been a diehard fan of IT even though I generally like King). It just seemed like a billion other horror trailers that I've watched. 

I liked it more then that but definitely got Insidious/Sinister vibes from it and can see where you're coming from. I'm just hoping that the loud noises are there for the GA and the movie is a lot more subtle. The imagery is really cool and it doesn't need to be this flashy to keep peoples attention.

It was far better then the trailer for Poltergeist so that gives me hope.

I will say that this looks like the best horror remake since Evil Dead. I'm crossing my fingers that it's rated R and lives up to expectations. I can definitely see it blowing up at the box office if it does.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, alisson23 said:

OMG!!! This is incredible. Great trailer. I say $30M/$85M for now. What do you say?

Predicting a higher OW then that based off these numbers. Probably somewhere in the 40s near The Conjuring if the reviews are good.

This has nostalgia going for it too. Unlike a Nightmare On Elm St or a Friday the 13th, this franchise doesn't have a ton of sequels. Pennywise has only been in one movie and most adults from that era remember those iconic scenes as kids.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

Anyone else think that this trailer breaking out, and the hit that this looks like it could turn out to be could be the final nail in the coffin to Dark Tower's release date?

Tbh could see that getting pushed back to next January