Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

That was a sweet looking trailer. WB always nails the marketing of their horror. Well, they nail the marketing of almost everything, they have the best marketing team in the world, but horror especially has been greatly aided by their promotion.

I'm not expecting this to break HT2's OW record - it's still a horror movie, after all, it's not gonna put 50M OW or something - but I'd definitely not be shocked w/an OW anywhere between Don't Breathe and Get Out (26-33), maybe more even. Stephen King is an incredibly popular writer and It is one of his most famous and iconic stories (a lot of people have good memories of the TV series). Whatever the case may be, unless this gets bad reviews, this'll be the Blair Witch we all thought Blair Witch was gonna be numbers-wise.

Just now, Water Bottle said:

I was really looking forward to it until I saw the trailer too so Im disappointed.

So you were looking forward to it but didn't like the trailer so you're going to not see it and then when reviews are out-of-this-world good you will change your mind and go see it. LOL

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, baumer said:

So you were looking forward to it but didn't like the trailer so you're going to not see it and then when reviews are out-of-this-world good you will change your mind and go see it. LOL

Its the only major release being released on my birthday weekend so nah Im seeing it anyways. lol.

• Like 1

Horror has been on a roll lately. Commercially and critically. What sets this apart from Get Out, Don't Breathe, Lights Out, etc is...Pennywise. He can market himself. Plus the clown sighting controversy last year adds fuel to that fire.

I don't have a prediction yet, but this will be a hit. It seems people have been wanting intrigue, not just scares, and this seems to have it.

Speaking of Stranger Things, I think that its success really boosted people's appetite for something like this - an 80's stylized kids ensemble w/horror thematics alas, well, Stephen King. And Finn Wolfhard, Mike from ST, is playing one of the kids in the Losers Club, so there's that.

Btw, the cinematography is gorgeous.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Speaking of Stranger Things, I think that its success really boosted people's appetite for something like this - an 80's stylized kids ensemble w/horror thematics alas, well, Stephen King. And Finn Wolfhard, Mike from ST, is playing one of the kids in the Losers Club, so there's that.

Btw, the cinematography is gorgeous.

Finn is very popular. If Millie was in it too their fans would go crazy.

Pretty solid trailer. Should do well, I'm seeing a Don't Breathe run at the moment.

Anyone else think the sound mixing in that trailer was just awful though? I could barely hear what was being said.

Edited by nick64
  • Like 1