Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

Started reading the book again.

Yep, the film makers are going to have their work cut out for them....hope they can breathe life into the characters the way King did.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, slambros said:

Movies are getting darker and darker, and audiences are buying into it, and it's scaring me...

1972:  Image result for last house on the left 1972

Image result for the exorcist 1973

Image result for texas chainsaw massacre 1974

1975:

Image result for ilsa she wolf of the ss (1975)

Things aren't nearly as dark and twisted as they were in the 70's.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I'll give this movie major props

Spoiler

if they'd have the balls to show kids getting killed. The book had some vicious kid deaths although most of those that died where teens.

Again....spoilers dude.  

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Really, you can't say people die in the book? I mean, I think it's a given that the book has a Bodycount.

You can't give specifics.  People die

Spoiler

sure, but you don't have to specify kids....that could get people thinking it's one of the main seven.

Just keep it as spoiler free as anything else. :)

5 hours ago, DAR said:

Keep in mind not everyone has read or will read the book

Tbh I was thinking of reading the book over summer, but probably will end up waiting until after I see the movie instead.

Usually when I read the book before, I get disappointed with the movie. But when I see the movie first, I enjoy both. Not sure why, maybe I'm just weird :P

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

XXX3 was driven entirely by OS, though. It's at almost 350M WW. While It's trailer's success seems very centric on the US, so there's that.

15 hours ago, slambros said:

Movies are getting darker and darker, and audiences are buying into it, and it's scaring me...

Most horror movies today are all about demons and evil spirit glorification. Like Baumer said, the 70s seemed to have a fetish with human on human violence. Nothing has gotten darker, Hollywood just moved on from serial killers to the Devil. And todays movies are definitely less bloody, everyone just gets their bodies contorted now.

Edited by jandrew

I may have to read the book again.  I know most of the story but since I was pretty young when I read it, I may be forgetting some big, and little, things.  I guess it can be one of the books I read at the beach :) 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
8 hours ago, Telerian said:

If anyone's interested, BirthMoviesDeath has an examination of the Cary Fukunaga screenplay. 

Pretty interesting. Would have been fascinating to see that version. Oh well.

9 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Horror movies today are all about demons and evil spirit glorification. Like Baumer said, the 70s seemed to have a fetish with human on human violence.

That's the kind of darkness that I feel like film as a whole is drifting towards, but it's wrong. People need to be more creative then to drive towards that stuff full throttle.

Even this new It film has it's interpretations. And it's dragging multiple young children into it.

This may be some people's cup of tea, but it isn't mine.

The trailer does give off a vibe of quality, for better or for worse.

22 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Just because the trailer got a ton of views doesn't mean that the movie will reach $150M or whatever.

Deadline keeps reminding me that the xXx3 trailer broke some records too.

XXX3 did extremelly well no ?, getting close 350 million, once you adjust for the movie target audience (average US ticket price they pay and Diesel social media presence) xXx3 huge amount of views seem coherent with is box office.

58 minutes ago, slambros said:

That's the kind of darkness that I feel like film as a whole is drifting towards, but it's wrong. People need to be more creative then to drive towards that stuff full throttle.

Even this new It film has it's interpretations. And it's dragging multiple young children into it.

This may be some people's cup of tea, but it isn't mine.

The trailer does give off a vibe of quality, for better or for worse.

The best part of the movie industry is its ability to appeal to different tastes. While IT might be too dark for you, though I'm not seeing that from the trailers, you've got popular PG-13 horror movies like last year's Lights Out. Also, there are a ton of other genres that have lighter fair. Heck, the number one studio last year, Disney, caters to family-fun, bright colors, and jokes/happiness/heart! The top two movies this week features a war between babies and puppies and a musical featuring a talking teacup...I'd say the movie industry is too bright and gay! A decade ago, we had such films like Saw IV and Hostel...

• Like 4