Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

34 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Sometimes disliking something that's popular can get you clicks. Not many are going to click on every review raving about it but most will click on the line voice trashing it.

That makes sense.  It's a pretty sad way to create a following for yourself, but I can see how it grabs attention 

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

Why? Vested interest in working for competitor? Or just plain don't like em?  

There is some natural contrarian tendency that can be in place, but for unseen movie almost always vested interest or not direct competition but precedents people want to see stay on top. Some of it can be sometime rational thought about were the industry would be heading if movie Y is a big success and not a direction that people want the industry go, but that I would think would be rare exception.

If you are talking about public figure, than yes getting traffic by being different can help.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Some root against studios!

But I would imagine that only exist in the context of running for some other studio, right ? And must be really new and in reality more rooted into rooting about a franchise (that just happen to randomly own by a studio and not some other).

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Barnack said:

There is some natural contrarian tendency that can be in place, but for unseen movie almost always vested interest or not direct competition but precedents people want to see stay on top. Some of it can be sometime rational thought about were the industry would be heading if movie Y is a big success and not a direction that people want the industry go, but that I would think would be rare exception.

If you are talking about public figure, than yes getting traffic by being different can help.

Thanks for the replies.  I am fascinated by the movie business the further I dig in...glad I stumbled onto the forum.  I think I'll be pretty tame and scientific by most standards around here...but plenty of movies I'm excited about

After watching this video I'm sticking with my casting choices for Part 2. Fellow book readers let me know what you think. 

Bill-Corey Stoll

Beverly- Jessica Chastain

Richie- Bill Hader

Mike- David Oyelowo 

Ben- Charlie Cox

Eddie- Scoot McNairy

Stan- Lee Pace

Not only do I think all these actors would be great in their respective roles but to me they also share some resemblance to the actors playing the younger counterpart as well as being the perfect age.  

• Like 1

Since it's on, I decided to watch the tv series again.  It's been a long time since I've seen this.  I know it's not fair to compare, but I just want the movie to be even better :)  

I've never gotten the chance to read the book in its entirety but the miniseries is overrated. Don't think it'll be difficult for this movie (and the second half) to be a better adaptation of the source material (although good luck to Bill Skarsgard's Pennywise matching Tim Curry's).

I don't think that anybody is claiming that the 90's miniseries is some masterpiece. It seems only its detractors are claiming that its fans are unaware of its humongous flaws. I think it's fine for a cheesy low budget TV movie from the early 90s. And that Tim Curry's performance is great and memorable. You can like something without thinking that it's some wonderous perfect masterpiece.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't think that anybody is claiming that the 90's miniseries is some masterpiece. It seems only its detractors are claiming that its fans are unaware of its humongous flaws. I think it's fine for a cheesy low budget TV movie from the early 90s. And that Tim Curry's performance is great and memorable. You can like something without thinking that it's some wonderous perfect masterpiece.

exactly.  It is what it is and it's all we had for a while.  So yeah it's not some amazing thing, but it wasn't too bad for a tv mini series for back then.  

But yes with a movie having more leeway and looking to be more of a faithful adaptation, it should be pretty great.  It's what us as fans of the book want :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

For a TV miniseries that was on ABC, it's good but I think the film can and will improve it as it's R rated. 

• Like 2

The miniseries is pretty good until it gets to the adult side, then it just falls off a cliff. And the acting is pretty lame from everybody except Curry. Everything I've seen from this one seems like it's gonna do better justice to the story, even if some of the Pennywise scares look too obviously CGI.