Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

2 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

If this is SO good (lol) - then WHY is there an embargo??!!

Think, people!

Wonder Woman was also the Tuesday of that week too.

I think WB knows they have enough hype built without the reviews. That will be the final marketing punch (if like many predict, they are as positive). Plus there is not a complete embargo, social media reactions were allowed and there's been plenty of reviews already from people who've seen it.

6 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Think, people!

Another thing you're missing when comparing this to The Dark Tower....Stephen King himself has already praised this numerous times and told fans he's super happy with it.

He didn't do that for The Dark Tower.

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just another WB fanboy who's pissy over my predictions :) 

Don't be afraid. Make some bold predictions for IT like you did for some other movies. I will be there to fend off the hatred for you. Life is too short not to make the predictions you truly believe in. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Don't be afraid. Make some bold predictions for IT like you did for some other movies. I will be there to fend off the hatred for you. Life is too short not to make the predictions you truly believe in. 

Huh, so you like predictions?  How does this one work for you: I predict you'll be banned from this site in the next 3 months.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Think, people!

Warner Brother tend to do this (Fury Road had a late embargo, Wonder Woman had a very late embargo), maybe it is so than when the movie is bad and they have a late embargo is stop creating a negative buzz or maybe they just genuinely prefer review awareness to hit when people can actually buy tickets.

With big WB release, it is dangerous to read even a little bit into the embargo timing.

To be fair about the MadMax ultra late embargo release, maybe they didn't want (or were asked too) them before it played at Canne also.

6 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

tumblr_lqcut3DQKE1qbr04bo1_500.gif

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Huh, so you like predictions?  How does this one work for you: I predict you'll be banned from this site in the next 3 months.

It'll be funny when WB's fall releases break out just to see reactions (i.e. IT does $200M+, Ninjago and Blade Runner does $150M+.).

• Like 1

https://www.ourmovielife.com/2017/09/04/smart-movie-worth-time-review/

Another critic broke the embargo. Not a huge fan of what he said about the horror element (skimmed right to it) but I was never going to be frightened by this anyway. I just hope they got the atmosphere right.

This critic also mentions the same thing about Stanley that someone said previously..

Consensus:
"‘IT’ is quite extraordinary. The layered story, the drama, the comedy, the emotional horror, the amazing characters, the brilliant direction, and the fantastic acting make this film one surely worth your time. This is a smart movie. The creators have clearly thought through what they want to do with this production and have actually managed to do it. The complexity and smart direction of this re-imagining of the original classic make it even better than its predecessor. With so many bad or overrated films to have come out this summer, ‘IT’ was truly a fresh and wonderful experience."

Total: 8.5/10

Also found out the embargo is set for 9/6 - 2 AM ET (So late tomorrow night - pretty sure that's very close to what Wonder Womans was)

Edited by somebody85

40 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

What is your prediction for IT? Honestly curious