Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

How the trolling is supposed to work? I think wenttakevin is hilarious, much more than shay and futurist.

noun: troll; plural noun: trolls
  1. 1
    a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.
    • informal
      a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting.
  • Like 1

Well if provocation is seen, wenttakevin is always successful with you all quoting him to say same thing. What happened to ignoring?

More than dr. Strange is good. Also can we get mother! Presales in relation to other films. I have no idea how are AA and mother! Presales if you compare thrm to each other.

Edit: forgot this is not buzz thread. 

Edited by damnitgeorge08
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Well if provocation is seen, wenttakevin is always successful with you all quoting him to say same thing. What happened to ignoring?

More than dr. Strange is good. Also can we get mother! Presales in relation to other films. I have no idea how are AA and mother! Presales if you compare thrm to each other.

Post that second part in the buzz thread :lol: 

• Thanks 1

Bringing this over from the Buzz thread:

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang updates:

- IT presales are ahead of where Doctor Strange was at the same point in time before release. Already exceeded the final presales of Apes, Dunkirk, Power Rangers etc. Only behind the CBMs in terms of presales

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Cant believe were two days away!!

agreed.  It's close :)

i must be in the minority because I don't care about when reviews hit or even care about them at all.  But I guess I am the weird one when it comes to that :P  

I just want to see the film and I'll just have to endure the wait until Thursday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

You tell me this isn't as terrifying as Pennywise. 

I'm an advocate that Ronald has done far worse shit than Pennywise. Did Pennywise inflict childhood obesity and diabetes across the world? I don't think so!

• Like 1

Dread Central

5/5

Despite it’s 80’s setting, there’s something timeless and haunting about the town of Derry, captured perfectly by cinematographer Chung-hoon Chung. It’s among the most gorgeous looking modern horror films you’ll watch, and those astounding visuals are aided by music and sound design that have the ability to quake your insides and raise hairs during the most horrific moments.

I can’t imagine a single skeptic that won’t be immediately won over by Bill Skarsgard’s terrifying version. Sporting a more vintage look and serial killer aesthetic, the new Pennywise is instantly iconic from the second he opens his mouth. While Curry went for the smoker-voiced, evil Bozo approach, Skarsgard channels his dialogue and physicality in truly unsettling ways, bouncing from high-pitched children’s show host to guttural monster in the space of seconds. And the various forms and set-pieces he takes are equally unsettling. Make no mistake, if you have a fear of clowns, this movie will do you in like no other (every single Pennywise scare ended with mass audience applause in my screening).

IT works so well because it bucks the trend and makes us fall in love with a terrific cast of kids. They’re the reason why the film works in grand 80’s fashion – not because it throws nostalgia or references in your face – but because it harkens back to the glory days of Amblin, when genuine care and affection were being put into its protagonists (the crowd favorites here clearly being Finn Wolfhard’s wiseass Richie Tozier and Jeremy Ray Taylor’s adorable Ben Hanscom). There isn’t a weak link in the cast and through every minute of the film, you’ll cheer, laugh and be scared right alongside these characters.

Is IT a flawless film? No, because those don’t exist. You can gripe about a few obvious CGI moments, or throw out purist complaints about how they made Ben the historian instead of Mike – but this is such a well-realized work of horror that any gripes feel like the kind of petty “Get off my lawn!” variety you see on the Internet. 

This is a crowdpleaser in the best sense and deserves to be seen on the largest screen with the most shrieking, enthusiastic audience you can find.

Edited by snarkmachine
  • Like 4