Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

10 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I think it makes a lot of sense to do it in 2 parts. They'll make more money and it won't feel rushed. It's a win-win situation.

Unlike some other adaptations it makes sense to adapt IT into 2 parts given that it's over 1000 pages and has enough material to cover 2 movies.

• Like 2

Taking a look at the top-5 for trailer views, they all made above 100m. Fifty-Shades Darker is also a rated R film that's front-loaded and it broke 100m. I believe this movie will either open a lot higher than 50m or have much better legs. Either way, I can't see how this has such overwhelming trailer views and NOT break 100m.

5 minutes ago, James said:

Lol, imagine if this opened to 100m though:rofl:It would basically be locked to be THE success story of the year, no matter what any other movie does. 

It really would be the perfect cherry on top of what has already been a great year for horror. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 3

My friend, who lives 2 hours away, sent me the trailer through Facebook messenger saying we need to see this when it comes out. Yeah man, I think this is breaking out. Everyone is talking about it feverishly it seems.

Of recent big 2000 horror remakes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre adjusts to 40 OW, Nightmare On Elm Street to 36, and Friday the 13th to 47. This is different because it's a great Stephen King novel and not a slasher movie (the latter has no interest for people like me), and this character isn't beat into the ground. But those are the comparisons we have available in terms of R-rated horror remakes as of late.

28 minutes ago, James said:

Lol, imagine if this opened to 100m though:rofl:It would basically be locked to be THE success story of the year, no matter what any other movie does. 

If this opened with 100M (which it will not) that would be the biggest cinematic story since Avatar. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Imagine if Bill Skarsgård performance is Joker-level good. Heath Ledger level good. 

45 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Imagine if Bill Skarsgård performance is Joker-level good. Heath Ledger level good. 

If its Hamill level good my head would explode

I get the idea of the two parters due to the density of the original material and obvious business reasons but I'm sure a skilled director and editor could craft a pretty powerful 145 minutes movie intertwining past and present, the former bleeding into the latter by clever cross cutting, non linear editing, flashback/flashforwards in the timeline and "simultaneous" shots where adults are projected in their past memories seamlessly.

So if this succeeds, between this and The Dark Tower, can we expect Tommyknockers and The Langoliers movie adaptations? Both were also TV staples like IT.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, RandomJC said:

IT received 18.5/20.6 rating from Nielson. Which is on par for Cheers/Rosanne/60 Minutes, the highest rated TV shows that year.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ABwaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=siQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5226,6923887&dq=it+abc+ratings&hl=en

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=_hsaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=siQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4444,4902230&dq=it+abc+ratings&hl=en

Wow such a different age in TV ratings.

Just now, Rman823 said:

A lot less to watch and no streaming. 

Oh yeah, I remember Seinfeld and Friends ratings. Nowadays the only monster still left is TWD and that's dropped a lot this season. When factoring DVR ratings though it's still a beast.