Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

Really? I mean I know I haven't seen it but for me its incredibly difficult to argue with Iron Giant or Ghost Protocol. (I don't even know which one I like more)

No it's not, it's barely even good. It's shameful to even compare to the likes of The Incredibles, Ratatouille or even Ghost Protocol. 

Al Pacino & Anthony Hopkins are hammy actors at their worst.

Always shouting (Pacino) always doing "voices"(Hopkins), I can enjoy them on very, very small doses.

Nuances ? What is that ?

De Niro, Brando, Hoffman, Leo ( :ph34r: )were the real deal.

These two guys suffer from the Cate Blanchett syndrome :  nobody told them they are not on a stage anymore but in front of a camera which requires very different acting muscles.

And that s what the Actor s studio, to me, was about : naturalism vs "stage acting".

Too bad.

Edited by The Futurist

Avatar, Aliens, The matrix, Terminator are not science fictoin. They are fantasy.

Going by that, even The Time Machine or The Invisible Man wouldn't be science fiction books and yet they are the prime example of the genre. So these movies (except avatar which really is mostly fantasy) are indeed science fiction, it's just that you've got a wrong idea of what sci-fi actually is or means.

DiCaprio has never had a performance that I'd say is the best of the year.

Joaquin Phoenix and probably Ryan Gosling are the best workin actors right now and need to work more.

Di Caprio is easily the best actor out there now and has been so since probably Titanic. He consistently gives amazing performances. No actor comes even close to his consistency. Yeah his performances may not always be the best of the year and his performances may be surpassed by other actors in certain movies but no other actor's career comes even close to matching his career as a whole.