Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

Captain America is the best non-Avengers movie in the MCU

The Incredible Hulk is the worst film in the MCU

Hugo should’ve won BP and BD in 2011 among the nominees

Lieutenant Dan should’ve won the Supporting Acting Oscar.

As much as I like the movie, The Social Network’s OST is completely overrated and HTTYD or Inception should’ve won the Oscar.

I agree with all of these.

• Like 1

Kung Fu Panda 2 is ridiculously better than the first.

Iron Man 3’s box office run pisses me off since, although it’s a good movie, it doesn’t deserve nearly as much money as it’s getting.

As great as the Incredibles was, I don’t want a sequel because I’d rather have Brad Bird do original movies (or a live-action superhero movie.)

The Hangover is a lot funnier when it’s edited down for TV

The Incredibles is the best superhero movie of all time.

Star Trek 09 is the best Star Wars movie

As much as I like the movie, The Social Network’s OST is completely overrated and HTTYD or Inception should’ve won the Oscar.

agreed

• Like 1

Captain America is the best non-Avengers movie in the MCU

How to Train Your Dragon has the best 3D so far, even beating out Avatar and Hugo.

Sally Field shouldn’t have even been nominated for Best Supporting Actress last year.

Going with the above, if it weren’t for DDL’s performance, Lincoln would’ve utterly sucked.

Iron Man 3’s box office run pisses me off since, although it’s a good movie, it doesn’t deserve nearly as much money as it’s getting.

Confrontation is my favorite vocal performance in Les Miserables, because Jackman and Crowe’s voices have great contrast.

Besides Leo, Jason Clarke had the best performance in The Great Gatsby.

IMAX 3D is one of the worst things that’s ever happened to movie making (here’s looking at STID)

The Social Network had an alright score, I guess. But, overall, HTTYD and Inception topped that easily. Confrontation is my second or third favorite song in Les Miserables. Pretty much agree with everything else.

• Like 1

It seems to be more of an unpopular opinion to think Social Network had an absolutely brilliant score, which is what I personally think.

It was an alright score. Only a few tracks were noteworthy, like "In Motion" and "Intriguing Possibilities"

I love TSN score to death, although I'll admit it had to grow on me originally. But it works perfectly both in the movie and on its own, IMO, bursting with energy as Zuckerberg finds his success, only to start drowning in sorrow and despair as he loses his human connections one by one. I will never, ever understand anyone who dismisses it, as well as the TGWTDT score, as "just noise". There's more mood and subtle emotion in there than in most movie scores I heard. And it's definitely become my go-to album for when I need to get some shit done quick. (Likewise, TGWTDT is my go-to album for when it's freezing cold and snowy outside and I'm kinda just sitting here, thinking about things or doing something slowly and meticulously. For all of this past winter, I listened to it several times each week).

I love:

Iron Man 2

Captain America: The First Avenger

The Karate Kid III

Judge Dredd (w/ Stallone)

Kindergarten Cop

Men In Black II

I like:

Cop and A Half

Batman and Robin

Superman Returns

Batman Returns

Batman Forever

I don't like:

Fried Green Tomatoes (worst movie I ever saw)

Mulholland Drive

Titanic

soundtracks to fincher movies always work better on film, because social network is derivative electronic claptrap on disc. but the film medium is obviously most important, so whatevs.

oh yeah, chaplin is a hack.

TSN's score was good, but I thought the best soundtracks from 2010 were Tron Legacy and The Ghost Writer.

I swear I can't even remember The Ghost Writer's score. I didn't even notice it, I think.

- I enjoyed KotCS more than Last Crusade.- 28 Days Later is widely overrated.- Goblet of Fire is still the best Potter film (sue me, Noctis).- The poster for Social Network is awful. The movie itself is good, but that's irrelevant.- Taken sucks.That's what I can think of right now.

Uhhh, KOTCS was so un-superior to any of the the previous 3 in so many ways.  I'm sure Spielberg would agree unreservedly.  First and almost foremost, shoot on location, it looks so much more real...... and that's just the look of the film.  I was left empty handed when I left the theatre.

I agree with all of these.

The INCREDIBLE Hulk was bad?  Uhh, there are so many things commercially wrong and casting issues with the original 'Hulk' movie.  I mean, Lee just experimented with our senses trying to make it look like a comic... and it failed miserably.

I don't want this to be a debate thread guys so lets try to stay mature, but I'm just wondering if anyone would like to declare any unpopular opinions of theirs on movies that go against the flow.I'll start off.Spiderman 3 was not a terrible film and worth the price of admission.Daniel-Day Lewis is a somewhat overrated actorThe film score of a movie can often be more important than the film dialogue.

Yes, I agree!  The score enhances the emotion, and since film is a visual medium first I can see it being more important than the spoken word.  Hence the success of The Artist.

I really can't agree with Daniel Day Lewis being overrated.  Best character actor ever IMO.