Neo

In The Heart Of The Sea | December 11, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 8

To Hemsworth's  credit he does have some charisma and at least decent acting chops. I think he belongs in the industry, unlike his brother. I mean yes Thor was part of MCU and had that going for it, but it seemed like it would flop to a lot of us back when it was being made. Hemsworth was a big part of why it worked. I really don't think the character or even movie would've worked with almost anyone else in the role. He was perfect casting in that case.

It is ridiculous he can command such a high salary for anything but maybe Thor, but I'm sure those days will be ending for him soon. I've never seen him in a movie though and thought "man this guy's a horrible actor, he clearly only lands roles on looks." He's perfect to play the superhero/action hero types. Just not so much the typical roles in dramas or comedies. He's very much the new Hugh Jackman in a lot of ways. He's got charisma and is not a bad actor, but people are only going to ever really accept him in one kind of role. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I don't understand. I think critics have decided to save their raves for star wars and revenant.

The reason why WB moved it to December is because they believed it is a great product which has Oscar potential. 

lol ok

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

If rumors are to be believed, he doesn't exactly get big paychecks at Marvel either. Blackhat, this movie and The Huntsman are his big paydays.

Marvel is starting to show the money, Jerry Macguire style but Hems is far from the big 3, RDJ, the other Chris and Scarjo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I don't understand. I think critics have decided to save their raves for star wars and revenant.

The reason why WB moved it to December is because they believed it is a great product which has Oscar potential. 

I feel like this was moved so far that in the event this also flopped, there wouldn't be think pieces and so on about how Hemsworth's career as a leading man is never going to take off outside of Marvel before the second Avengers opened. It's probably telling that this was moved the week Blackhat was about open, as if they saw it's really poor performance coming and feared two big flops for him a row. This has been in the can awaiting release for more than a year.

37 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

To Hemsworth's  credit he does have some charisma and at least decent acting chops. I think he belongs in the industry, unlike his brother. I mean yes Thor was part of MCU and had that going for it, but it seemed like it would flop to a lot of us back when it was being made. Hemsworth was a big part of why it worked. I really don't think the character or even movie would've worked with almost anyone else in the role. He was perfect casting in that case.

It is ridiculous he can command such a high salary for anything but maybe Thor, but I'm sure those days will be ending for him soon. I've never seen him in a movie though and thought "man this guy's a horrible actor, he clearly only lands roles on looks." He's perfect to play the superhero/action hero types. Just not so much the typical roles in dramas or comedies. He's very much the new Hugh Jackman in a lot of ways. He's got charisma and is not a bad actor, but people are only going to ever really accept him in one kind of role. 

Most people have absolutely no clue he s actually Captain Kirk's father.

• Like 1

Hemsworth tried to be a dramatic lead actor without paying his dues. If he really wants to be taken seriously he needs to start small like Jeremy Renner did. Movies like the Huntsman are fine for him because they dont require much acting chops but if you want to lead an Oscar bait film there usually needs to be some type of quality resume. There is a reason why a Tom Hanks movie about Walt Disney or Denzel Washington movie about a drunk pilot makes millions. The premise doesn't sound that appealing but the audience trust level is high, people know they're usually going to get a good performance and thus will pay to see those men on screen 9 times out of 10.

• Like 1

this movie looks fucking terrible. i just bought my vouchers(to exchange for this movie) and i am no longer going to see it. I will exchange it for star wars instead. suck it up hollywood and stop messing up epic all time great books. Messed up unbroken and now this.

14 minutes ago, Halba said:

this movie looks fucking terrible. i just bought my vouchers(to exchange for this movie) and i am no longer going to see it. I will exchange it for star wars instead. suck it up hollywood and stop messing up epic all time great books. Messed up unbroken and now this.

Weren't you the one hyping this up to be a BP nominee?

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

I am assuming a 10M paycheck and a 100M budget.

Budget was $80m - at least it was back in Jan/Feb.  It doesn't sound like they spent any more or special effects in the interim according to Blank's review

As for Hemsworth, he has the Hunstman (heh) and reportedly Sony is pursuing him for their Quartermaine franchise.

2 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

So, yeah, I'm OK that I missed the screening for this yesterday.

Yeah, I'm starting to get sad this movie had the honor of being my first advanced screening... Hoping WB keeps this relationship with AMC; maybe I'll get Midnight Special or something next year

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Huh, gotta disagree here. Thor is fucking hot as hell but Liam is the better actor, by a mile.

• Like 2