cheesypoofs

Does anybody else NOT have a blu-ray player?

All I have is a DVD player. Hell, I actually don't even use it anymore. I use my Xbox 360 for DVD's now. DVD's on an Xbox 360 with a 1080p HDTV and an HDMI cord look good to me. But I'm still curious to see if there is anybody else who does not have a blu-ray player yet? I have friends who have blu-ray players but only because they have PS3's. If they didn't have a PS3, then they wouldn't own a blu-ray either.

I don't have BluRay, too, and won't update any time soon. Heck, even a lot of DVDs I bought 10 years ago don't play anymore on my Homevideo system. I won't be so stupid to pay a lot of money again for something that might not work anymore in 5 years.

This is the year to upgrade your home entertainment.HDTVs are at their lowest, and will get even lower for the holiday season. 32" and some 40" sets will be under $300 and BD players will be under $100 or even $75. Add that to super cheap but extremely reliable HDMI cables from places like monoprice.com and you can get a brand spanking system for about $400-450.

Why do people enjoy living in the year 2000? If you have a HD capable of TV there is no reason not to upgrade IMO

I agree with this especially when a name brand Blu-ray player costs around $80-90. Now, if you don't have that kind of disposable income, that's understandable, but if you do, IMO it's worth it. Plus, unlike going from VHS to DVD, you don't have to do any re-purchasing (and just rent any Blu-ray at a Red Box or Blockbuster).