cheesypoofs

Does anybody else NOT have a blu-ray player?

If I don't have a blu ray by the time the next generation Xbox comes out (which I've read won't be released until 2015), and if the next generation has a built in blu ray, then that's when I'll upgrade at the very latest.I might get one by then, but if I don't, then that's when I'll upgrade. And that's even if the next Xbox has blu ray (which I don't see why it won't).

yep had a blueray here for a while.... (and no it's not a playstation 3)wow you guys have got it cheap.... extremely cheap brand bluerays here are 100 dollars or more. reasonable brands are 150 dollars + would never turn back... picture and sound are much better on blueray.- jajang

• Like 1

Where I live, new release Blue-rays are very comparable in price to new release DVD's, although there is much more choice in the bargin price bins for DVD's. But thats fine as a Blue-ray player is quite capable of playing DVD's. Just because I have a blueray player doesn't mean everything i buy is in that technology. But for movies like Avatar, TDK, or any Pixar film, watching these on Blue-ray vs DVD is like walking in the day time rather than the night time. You just pick up so much more.

• Community Manager

All I have is a DVD player. Hell, I actually don't even use it anymore. I use my Xbox 360 for DVD's now. DVD's on an Xbox 360 with a 1080p HDTV and an HDMI cord look good to me.But I'm still curious to see if there is anybody else who does not have a blu-ray player yet?I have friends who have blu-ray players but only because they have PS3's. If they didn't have a PS3, then they wouldn't own a blu-ray either.

I have no Blue-Ray, nor am I interested in getting one.

I never buy new release DVDs, they are way too expensive for what they're worth. Disney are especially stingy.

Unless I get them from Cineplex.com in which I get to go see movies in theaters for free, I'm exactly the same way, I'll wait a while for the price to go down, I'm still waiting for Avatar, but I think I'll have to bit that expensive bullet as it probably will never go down in price.

I have a 1920x1080 52" HDTV, but I've never watched true 1080p content on it. Video on Demand I believe is only 1280x720 ... which is better then DVD ... 720x480. No Blu-Ray player though, I don't game on consoles so I never purchased a PS3. I could D/L a Bluray Movie, but the files are far to big that 720p is good enough.I don't rent BR or buy BR. Usually I watch a movie once, I don't find much replay value since the original novelty wears off really fast for me. 1 viewing is enough. VOD ftw !!!

I've got a 27 inch HDTV, and don't have a Blue-Ray either. I don't see myself getting one in the future. I know the picture is supposed to be so much better, but I'm afraid of the technology improving so much in the next 5 to 10 years, it'll probably be something new--something a thousand times better than Blue-Ray. :P And, its not about the money--I can afford to get one easily, I just prefer not to.

I've got a 27 inch HDTV, and don't have a Blue-Ray either. I don't see myself getting one in the future. I know the picture is supposed to be so much better, but I'm afraid of the technology improving so much in the next 5 to 10 years, it'll probably be something new--something a thousand times better than Blue-Ray. :P And, its not about the money--I can afford to get one easily, I just prefer not to.

well I am sure there will be NO SUCH THING as thousand times better then Blu-ray (it's not Blue-ray), next thing is 4K, but it will not be here in 5 years for us :) and even on 27 inch HDTV you can clearly see big improvements in picture, not talking about HUGE improvements in SOUND.

try this : whatch regular one two movies on blu-ray, and then watch regular DVD or SD TV, then you will notice how bad is DVD resolution :)