Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

From this interview:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/valerian-first-look-luc-besson

(...) with Marvel you know after five minutes who’s the villain. They do films that are super well made, but this pattern bothered me a little bit. What’s new here is we have two agents, and over the course of one film, it’s a police investigation, in fact. So you don’t know who’s exactly bad until the end, because it’s an investigation. That’s why I can’t talk too much. 

I'm so fucking hyped.

• Like 1

What do you mean BUT?

Besson means at least it will not fail.

Jupiter tried, was great, but failed because the Wascho sisters don't care much about the audience, they only care for themselves.

Besson knows what the audience wants, so this looks like it's gonna be good (hopefully great) - and NOT fail.

Which is great. :)

Only reason Lucy made the money it did was because the marketing was absolutely fantastic. Many may disagree with me, but that movie just broke any expectations, especially taking the quality of the movie into account.

Valerian had better have awesome trailers.

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Only reason Lucy made the money it did was because the marketing was absolutely fantastic. Many may disagree with me, but that movie just broke any expectations, especially taking the quality of the movie into account.

Universal's trailers for Lucy were pretty awesome but have you seen Besson's IMAX trailer for it?

He better come up with something as out of left field batshit for Valerian

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

It also was the closest we'll probably ever get to a Black Widow movie.