Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

275m for a reboot is not underwhelming.

in terms of inflation and 3D tax and theater count increase its on par with Superman Returns. Did you consider that underwhelming? Also consider the fact that SR and TASM seem to end with the same RottenTomatoes score Edited by Hasan Ahmad

Domestically I never felt Superman Returns did that poorly given its circumstances. It was an acceptable BO performance. It faced a giant in POTC: DMC a week and a half after its release, and it had lukewarm reception from the audience. 200m wasn't the worst scenario for it really.But its overseas take wasn't great and the budget for the film was massive, so that's what sunk it in the end. That's going to be the big difference between that and TASM.

• Like 2

in terms of inflation and 3D tax and theater count increase its on par with Superman Returns. Did you consider that underwhelming? Also consider the fact that SR and TASM seem to end with the same RottenTomatoes score

That's the thing though, when you and other haters were making predictions nobody talked about inflation and 3D. Now, it's convenient excuse since it's going to pass your prediction.
  • Like 1

Domestically I never felt Superman Returns did that poorly given its circumstances. It was an acceptable BO performance. It faced a giant in POTC: DMC a week and a half after its release, and it had lukewarm reception from the audience. 200m wasn't the worst scenario for it really.But its overseas take wasn't great and the budget for the film was massive, so that's what sunk it in the end. That's going to be the big difference between that and TASM.

So ASM is Superman Returns in 3D.
  • Like 2

in terms of inflation and 3D tax and theater count increase its on par with Superman Returns. Did you consider that underwhelming? Also consider the fact that SR and TASM seem to end with the same RottenTomatoes score

just because a movie has inflation and 3D doesn't mean it will automatically be huge. It all has to do with the box office at the time. Edited by John Marston

Superman Returns was around 30 mets (15 for its 6-day)TASM is doing almost identical business (15 mets for a $140m 6-day using Avengers for format share estimates).

So ASM is Superman Returns in 3D.

I suppose. Immensely popular characters brought back for a middling performance. But ASM will get its sequel while Returns did not.Just gotta hope for a big improvement. I know you disliked it greatly, I found it ok/mediocre, but there are elements in there I enjoyed. They just need to take those and build on that foundation.

Should finish with less than 300m after all and be right around were I predicted, I guess no crow for me because in the end it appears one word will describe this BO performance and that is underwhelming.

You predicted this: 115 M OW | 230 M total... I think where it'll finish will overwhelm you.

That's the thing though, when you and other haters were making predictions nobody talked about inflation and 3D. Now, it's convenient excuse since it's going to pass your prediction.

Inflation was talked back then and 3D is talked now because move to 3D is recent and many movies would have a different Box Office run if it had 3D, Consider that if Superman returns had 3D would have made 230-250 million (without inflation

Inflation was talked back then and 3D is talked now because move to 3D is recent and many movies would have a different Box Office run if it had 3D, Consider that if Superman returns had 3D would have made 230-250 million (without inflation

I'm talking about people who thought under 200M was possible for TASM, I always said with inflation and 3D under 200M is impossible but you and your fellow brethren laughed.

I'm talking about people who thought under 200M was possible for TASM, I always said with inflation and 3D under 200M is impossible but you and your fellow brethren laughed.

i was in the under 200 club?

Interesting thing with SR, the Imax version had a few senses that were 3D you had to keep taking your glasses on/off through out the film. The Imax partial 3d version of the film was huge (and this was back before MinImax so it was all traditional Imax theatres) and had a substantial run for ExampleLincoln Square Imax in NYC took well over 1.5m with it and it ran for close to 20 weeksIn Sacremento area the Imax version didn't start until around week 6 of release and ran for something like 15 weeks and in its first week it took more money than any theatre in the area had taking back in week1 of release and also in week6 took more than double the BO of all theatres playing the film in that weekNow either/or people were waiting 6 weeks for it to come in Imax or there was a shit load of repeat business Edited by Rth

:rotfl: decrease? I kinda expected it after he huge jump but wasn't gonna beat my chest about it. This is happening almost exactly like the scenario that went down in the debate in the over transformers 178M thread though with much more conservative drops. :)