Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

It is epic. The guy lost it. Get yourself together Kayu!

Yes I'm having a meltdown say the people who didn't have the balls to make a midnight prediction. lolAdmit it, they expected lower. lol

Everything is going so fast, could someone explain Kayus meltdown to me? I dont want to read the whole thread.

The guy started to serve crow to everyone. With a 7.5M number, who are the persons that should eat that crow :lol:? Edited by CJohn

Everything is going so fast, could someone explain Kayus meltdown to me? I dont want to read the whole thread.

He is serving crow to everyone except those that predicted $15-20m midnights. Which is silly since they are, in fact, off by a lot more. Edited by rallax
  • Like 6

Pictures of a dead crowLots of bold writingSpiderman loonies came in full defence for a non memorable number.I say let the babies have their bottle.On the 20th July no one will give a flying crap about TASM

Neo - 33/36/24/29/34/30/93(Fri-Sun)/15/156(5-day)/186(6-day)/201(7-day)/348/660/1008 OS OW: 145M WW OW: 327M

This prediction is looking sexy, IMO.

Thank you. Took some heat for this one.

He is serving crow to everyone except those that predicted $15-20m midnights. Which is silly sense they are, in fact, off by a lot more.

Thats.. thats silly. Super, duper silly. Edited by Jack Nevada

You know what. Most hate to admit it but 7.5m midnights is about as solid as you can get for a rebooted film. As a matter of fact, I think it's pretty awesome. Spiderman still has enough fans to withstand a much maligned reboot. 5m would have been good enough.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Why are people thinking TASM will be frontloaded?

With 7.5M TASM should gross over 30M for today.

Its just one scenario that could happen. The truth is that no one here knows what's going to happen. If general audiences aren't interested the movie, it will be front-loaded. If general audiences ARE interested or come around to be, then it could be back-loaded.
  • Like 1

I think we know how this is going to play out. TASM is a boring movie in every way. It has no buzz and there is no excitement about it. The reviews are lukewarm (the positive aren't really positive and the negative aren't really negative). Therefore, this movie will take the most boring route possible. It will not fail spectacularly and it will not break out.This movie will probably end up coming in under my $300M prediction and make $250M. Why $250M? Because that would be the most boring number because then neither side can claim victory. There will be no epic meltdowns. Both sides will end up claiming victory anyway. It'll just be boring.

This. 250M is actually my prediction. My worst fear may very well have come true.

And Avatar made $760m off of $3.5m -- so does that mean TASM will make $1.5 billion? :P;)

That's more probable than TASM grossing less than Prometheus WW. ;)Sorry but I couldn't resist. :P

Yes I'm having a meltdown say the people who didn't have the balls to make a midnight prediction. lolAdmit it, they expected lower. lol

I was expecting about 7M. I have it at over 5.5M/under 7.5M on BSG.

It is not excuses.If anything it had more advantages than SM3.1. It is summer so school is out unlike SM32. Midnight's are more popular now3. 3D ticket price premium4. More IMAX screens5. More screens period

ASM will have better legs than SM3SM3 came after one of the best (not IMO) superhero movies ever, ASM did notThursday nights are a far more popular time to go to midnight shows than Monday nightsmidnight shows for direct sequels have more interest than rebootsI'd say the advantages and disadvantages balance out.