A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

HOLY SHIT. This movie was beyond a piece of shit. Its astonishing how much of a incoherent lifeless bore, with a terrible score and sound mixing/design even. Ugh just awful, they seemed clueless. Almost ID4 Resurgence level bad I thought. So many poor decisions. Two walk outs in my showing too, which was actually pretty full. 

I saw it with a huge gamer friend of mine and he hated to just as much as me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Being just around 2000 votes in, It already has an IMDB score below 8 , which indicates that even the fanboys are sick of this piece of hard work. The movie is DONE. 

What will be the excuse for the audience score?

v1.bTsxMjI0MjY5MDtqOzE3MTk2OzEyMDA7NTM5O

TOMATOMETER 

24%

AUDIENCE SCORE 

21 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

The point is PA is low and didn't have not even a full day of release. AC could have started very worse. Fans are giving support

Assassin's Creed has game fans that were rooting for it to do well, and some are still hoping for a sequel that would be better.

Are you really surprised it has more initial support than a panned original sci-fi?

11 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Assassin's Creed has game fans that were rooting for it to do well, and some are still hoping for a sequel that would be better.

????? Wasn't this I said implicitly? You and misafeco not even read the full conversation and you still come here to say the obvious. lfmao.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

The point is PA is low and didn't have not even a full day of release. AC could have started very worse. Fans are giving support

You realize that anyone can vote, right? Even if they didn't watch the movie. That's why you should never trust early imdb or RT audience scores. Let's see what they look like after some weeks.

2 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

I don't hate this movie. I am not a fan of the games. I just feel sorry for the fans though. Hollywood, as usual, botched another popular and potential property. And, I am getting sick of the trend of Hollywood screwing up franchises (Ghostbusters, Star Trek , TMNT , DCEU, Warcraft, Assassin's Creed, etc.). This needs to stop if we don't want the only live-action tentpole movies to be either Marvel or Star Wars. If we want Hollywood to stop, first, they need to hear our voices. And, I am just trying to make my voice loud enough.   

I see. But I for one love the way DCEU is. Same with Star Trek. AC remains to be seen, but I think I'll like it. Seems like my type of movie and I never played the game so I don;t have expectations.

• Like 2

Well, saw it........................

Critics are seriously harsh on this one, but maybe it was never going to do well with those anyway. What I found interesting about the film is the real propulsive quality it has, it rarely lets down, I'd argue that the beginning is very rushed in a way, they maybe could have built up Cal a bit more, I can just imagine the suits going "okay guys, we want to get to the Animus as fast as possible, that's what people want to see", it feels that way, but it didn't bother me too much because it just goes with a bang. 

I was fully engrossed, I'm kind of surprised many critics said it didn't make any sense, because it's really simple, you can tell they made a conscious effort to make it accessible to everyone. The dialogue is very weak, they should have done another pass on that. 

The second regression alone is worth the price of admission, the action is truly great, they nailed it, the period stuff is obviously the best aspect of the film, I wish the movie was longer and we'd spent more time there, but the present day stuff isn't weak, I didn't find Callum to be more thinly written of a character than most the characters in Rogue One, let's be honest here. 

There's a great, very quiet, atmospheric scene between Gleeson & Fassbender, that was a nice change of pace, and then the film goes again like crazy and I dug that. The performances are solid, the score is fantastic, the cinematography is excellent (avoid 3D), I'd say there's more sheer quality filmmaking on display than in any other video game adaptation so far, maybe that doesn't mean much, but it needs to be said. 

I definitely want a sequel, and I can see this do better than expected, the action alone is just worth it. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Did Warcraft come out this time of year? No.

Does it matter? Yes. But it's not night and day. In other words, i think Warcraft would have made more than $1.7m had it come out yesterday.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1