The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

2012 was a great year for movies, but when it comes to the superhero genre, it seems as if it always comes down to The Avengers vs. The Dark Knight Rises. Well, I'm not here to argue about those two, but I will be defending the one I consider to be the greatest CBM of all-time....

Firstly, let’s address some of the biggest complaints about the movie. Ones which, you know, people are STILL bringing up in arguments over a year later (hence why I’m addressing some of them here). For example, how did Bruce Wayne get back to Gotham City after escaping the pit?

Oh, and those claims that the Talia reveal made Bane look weak are laughable.

A bigger complaint would be:  Why would Bane put Batman in an unguarded pit with a bunch of loveable prisoners who rooted our hero on?  Why not seal the pit?  Why not put some guards at the top in case some jerk walked by and lower the rope.

What was laughable was Talia's death scene.

How can TDK be one of the best films of all time and be followed up with this crap? It doesn't make sense.

• Like 4

A bigger complaint would be:  Why would Bane put Batman in an unguarded pit with a bunch of loveable prisoners who rooted our hero on?  Why not seal the pit?  Why not put some guards at the top in case some jerk walked by and lower the rope.

What was laughable was Talia's death scene.

How can TDK be one of the best films of all time and be followed up with this crap? It doesn't make sense.

Why let him watch HDTV 24/24 (I can't buy that as an Hell shithole when they got better TV than me :lol: ), put him in an open pit and an unguarded cell with a magical back healer too?

Why Bane waits so long to detonate the bomb as soon Batman told the entire Gotham he's back with a giant Bat-signal on fire on top of a bridge (how stealth for a Ninja to ruin surprise effect for his enemies especially when they got their finger on a nuclear bomb detonator that they threat to unleash at any moment)

(His "Impossible" was also hilarious minding every single element he left for him to escape the pit...).

Talia's death scene.

Posted Image

(Hey guys, why are you staring at this lame acting, there is a nuclear bomb in the back of the truck waiting to wipe out Gotham in 2 minutes , just saying...My goodness, that "WTF?" look on their faces mouth open. And then that looong tirade and flashback afterwards to make Gordon understand at last that Batman was Bruce Wayne all along...And the kiss that comes out of nowhere...with the ticking bomb reaching its final countdown).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Ooh, does he get a premium package with HBO and Cinemax?

Nope, it just looks like it's stuck on one channel where he gets to see someone he cares for (in this case, Gotham, showing that Nolan is more capable of turning an inanimate object into a fleshed out character than anyone else in the business) being tortured. Yup, great gift for him.

An easily escapable pit... that only one person before Bruce was able to jump out of whereas thousands have failed and even died in the attempts.

Yes, because he knows exactly what every single person in the pit was skilled at when he threw them down there.

Bane didn't have the trigger, Talia did, and she did push it after Bruce interfered with Bane.

Bruce checked to see what condition she was in after the crash and saw that she couldn't be saved.

As far as the kiss goes. It serves the same purpose all last second kisses do, a way of saying goodbye to someone on a list-bid suicide mission or wishing someone good luck. It's a cliche and is a fault, as it was in Superman 78, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Star Wars, etc.

An easily escapable pit... that only one person before Bruce was able to jump out of whereas thousands have failed and even died in the attempts.

Because no one apparently knows the concept of a running jump. They just stand still on the edge and then go forward.

I enjoy this movie a lot, I think a lot of the backlash is silly, but there's still quite a bit to nitpick about the film and it is a definite step down from TDK.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

Because no one apparently knows the concept of a running jump. They just stand still on the edge and then go forward.

I enjoy this movie a lot, I think a lot of the backlash is silly, but there's still quite a bit to nitpick about the film and it is a definite step down from TDK.

I agree, ***** to **** is a step down.

You know I don't give a flying fuck about that crap TV show, don't you?

(LOL, you think you pwned me with that reply. Try harder. TDKR sucked as you feel Nolan is dropping the ball voluntary or not. Man, how can you defend so much the ludicrous handling of Talia's twist and death? Your blind devotion is staggering not acknowledging the obvious flaws crippling the movie, script and acting wise. It is a disgrace on Nolan's Curriculum, no Marvel related knee jerk reaction of yours won't change my mind)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Because you think I care about what a Nolanite think? nor "change your mind"? You are programmed to love Nolan like a Bot even if it was an Asylum product, you'll defend it to death like the greatest masterpiece ever made because Nolan's name is plastered all over it. :rofl:

Edited by dashrendar44

Because you think I care about what a Nolanite think? nor "change your mind"? You are programmed to love Nolan like a Bot even if it was an Asylum product, you'll defend it to death like the greatest masterpiece ever made because Nolan's name is plastered all over it. :rofl:

I doubt a project from that company would have received the huge critical acclaim that this film did, so clearly I'm far from the only, *Ahem*, bot.

Okay here's something I noticed. In TDK, Lucious says 30 million people live in Gotham. But in TDKR, Talia says Batman will feel the heat of 12 million souls. Um where did the 18 million go?

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

Okay here's something I noticed. In TDK, Lucious says 30 million people live in Gotham. But in TDKR, Talia says Batman will feel the heat of 12 million souls. Um where did the 18 million go?

New York City: 8mNew York metropolitan area: 23mThey're using different definitions of what "city" means.
  • Like 2

Man, 104 pages ... glad I'm not going to catch up. :P

I see we're ranking Nolan films ...

1) The Dark Knight  A

2) Memento  A

3) Inception  A-

4) Batman Begins  A-

5) The Prestige  A-

6) The Dark Knight Rises  B+

7) Insomnia  B

None are 'bad' IMO

Edited by Adam