Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

At times like this, who the hell cares what TDKR does at BO. That shouldn't even really matter, fellow Batman fans were killed and BO should be the last thing on our mind.

Yeah let's put things into perspective guys

fire deep, do you have cochofles on twitter or facebook? She does live in the same city that the tragedy happened and the last time she logged in was 10pm mountain time, so she could have went to the movies. Worried sick about her.

No. dont have. We need her back here.

Nobody would do that. It's a different situation. For good or bad. For heaven's sake, people. Yes this is a box office forum, but use this thing to justify a good or bad performance at the box office is pretty fucking meaningless at this point. And point me out to the fuckers who do that and I'll personally dedicate myself to curse the fuck out of them.

So you're just saying we shouldn't bother coming up with explanations for box office ever? Look at the weekend after 9/11. According to you I should just throw my arms up in the air if I try to explain why every movie had harsh drops.

Nobody would do that. It's a different situation. For good or bad. For heaven's sake, people. Yes this is a box office forum, but use this thing to justify a good or bad performance at the box office is pretty fucking meaningless at this point. And point me out to the fuckers who do that and I'll personally dedicate myself to curse the fuck out of them.

Oh would you stop. You have downgraded from a troll to a opportunist. Get off your false high horse and stop posting.
  • Like 3

C'mon guys settle down towards each other. We can all agree this pussy who opens fire on innocents in a movie theatre deserves a life of torment...but it effects us because we're on a boxofficetheory site which prob means all of us love movies and it hits home when a random bitch walks in and opens fire on sitting defenseless people.

• Like 1

Fox News is talking about similarity to villain out fits in previous Batman movie. Only thing I can think of is the Leage of Shadows guys at the end of BB.The witnesses just described him as looking like SWAT or military guy, and absolutely distinct from the fan costumes.

And just like that event, the effect is not something to dis-considered. Ledger added to the box office, this will detract. There's simply no way of twisting this around so it helps the BO.

Ledger contributed to the box office because a) his performance was praised without end and B) because he had a tragic death.The idea that people were shot while they watched a Batman movie will hardly have the same positive effect.

Because Amwrica's supposed to be safe, a bastion of safety against something like this. Use your brain a bit.

Any person with a brain will instatntly realise that a country with so many guns in circulatgion can't be safe. If this incident doesn't lead to a revision of gun laws, I don't know what can. Massacres like this occur in the US on a regular basis.
  • Like 1

Ledger contributed to the box office because a) his performance was praised without end and B) because he had a tragic death.The idea that people were shot while they watched a Batman movie will hardly have the same positive effect.

It will have a very negative effect, IMO.

Fox News is reporting that the police are "seriously" investigating that this guy was doing this to try and somehow emulate the craziness of the Batman movies. He apparently thought he was going to escape.Could be like the singer Selena being killed by the leader of a fan club. Crazed fan loved the object of his fandom to death. Wanted to see Nolan's fantasy world be the real world. (Don't yell at me, Fox News said that that's a working police theory right now!)

I just saw the Gangster Squad trailer again. There is no way the theater scene is in the final cut of the movie now.

Edited by CJohn

NBC just reported a brief meeting with the murderer's mother.Should get the interesting details of the psycho soon. Of course, ultimately, it's like Chris Rock said, "What happened to just plain 'Crazy'?" He's just crazy. But it is interesting hearing the background of these people, still.

Ahhh, Chris Rock, that psychology trained sensible man.Yeh we should turn to him for hope. :rolleyes: