Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

You know, this is still the 6th biggest weekend of all time. A weekend where every news station made everyone fear going to the movies, and this is still the 6th biggest weekend of all time. And if the THR article was right and Avengers' 3D inflation was overall 35m over opening weekend, then TDKR still lost the admissions fight but not by a whole lot. Despite the tragedy. For better or worse, I think this is the only movie people will be thinking about for the rest of the summer. The other openers seem even less important now. And once the fear and anxiety over going to the movies dies down, TDKR will be there.

• Like 1

There seems to be a rumour going around that the movie is being drastically underestimated and is on course for 190-200m. I've no idea if this is based on any actual evidence or simple wishful thinking. I find it very hard to believe it's being underestimated by $40 million but several people have posted it on twitter.

Fantastic if true but highly highly highly unlikely.

Well I'm about to be off to see the film for the first time (since I wanted to avoid the Friday/Saturday crowding in theaters). Hopefully loads of people have the same plans for today.

Looking at the situation closely (and objectively) after the midnights and without the controversy, my projections were something like this:-$30 mil midnights-$55 mil daytime gross-$50 mil Saturday-$46 mil Sunday Total- $181 mil (approx)This would suggest that the movie lost almost $20 mil (although I can't really say how much the shootings affected the movie) from the controversy but it wasn't on track to do the $200m+ that a lot of us (myself included) was predicting.So at the end of the day, there's just a big question mark around this weekends box office