Plain Old Tele

Tony Scott just committed suicide

Suicide? It's sad news but forgive me if I don't show full sympathy for someone who just throws away a good life like that, especially when he has a family.

I sincerely hope you never feel as awful as someone who kills themselves. That, from the outside, he appeared to have such a 'good life' suggests the degree of inward turmoil he must have suffered. I expect we'll never know the full story. Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 8

Suicide? It's sad news but forgive me if I don't show full sympathy for someone who just throws away a good life like that, especially when he has a family.

Yeahh right, he did it on purpose. I guess he was ill, maybe depression. And depression is something no one should underestimate.

I just read this on twitter and like telemachos I cant even process this right now. Im very sad. This man on the surface seemed to have it all. Hes been working steady since Top Gun and he has all the professional success one could hope for. And he jumps off a bridge? WTF? A true industry giant has committed suicide. I hope your in a better place Tony. RIP.

Even if his recent movies weren't really up to par, the guy was nevertheless a Hollywood icon and many of his earlier works (like Hunger, Last Boy Scout and Revenge) are among my personal favourites. Definitely a huge blow to the industry. My prayers go out to his family.I wonder what's gonna happen to Scott Free now?

Some deaths hit me harder than others. A suicide when you are one of the biggest directors in the world just makes no sense to me. I really have a hard time understanding this.

^^^Well you're not a happy man one day and commits suicide the next. Obviously there must have been a lot going on behind the scenes and if the rumors of an inoperable brain tumor are true that may have been the last straw. It's very unfortunate this had to happen either way.R.I.P Tony Scott.

He never reached his brother's level of acclaim but he always made stylish and mostly fun films to watch. My favourites are The Hunger, Enemy of the State and Spy Game. The news are shocking. His films will carry his legacy.R.I.P. Tony Scott.

He never reached his brother's level of acclaim but he always made stylish and mostly fun films to watch. My favourites are The Hunger, Enemy of the State and Spy Game. The news are shocking. His films will carry his legacy.R.I.P. Tony Scott.

Acclaim, maybe not, but he at least on par if not more commercially successful than Ridley.