Plain Old Tele

Tony Scott just committed suicide

Unstoppable, Deja Vu, Man on Fire are some of my favourite films, I was always fond of Scott and Denzels collaborations, it is sad to know that we lose so much talent and beauty in this world everyday, it is often a cruel place to live in.

• Like 2

Wow he had a lot going on. He was producer on a couple of long running tv shows. I didn't know he was doing all of this television work.He was busy. I have no idea what could make someone so unhappy that they don't want to live life anymore. That is the real tragedy.And to jump off the bridge at that. He must have been facing something terrible to end it like that.

• Like 1

If there was a director that had his own style, Tony certainly fit that bill. I think Man on Fire established that style and I think that frenetic editting style made MOF one of my favourite films. As Ecstacy mentioned, there had to be more going on with his personal life than what any of us know. I am terribly saddened by this and I really hope he is resting in peace.

According to ABC news, he was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. Sad.

Well there ya go. Can't say I might not have done the same- dying of brain cancer, and losing god knows what functions along the way- is probably an infintely worse way to die than suicide. Edited by The aDIM Legacy

I woke up to this news as I went to bed early last night and didn't hear anything about it. Terrible Tragic and Sad. I litterally GREW UP with Tony Scott Films being a child of the 80's. His style revolutionized the action and suspense genre. Critics hated on his movies cause he always was in the shadow of his Legendary Brother but guess what, he was a Legend himself. "Top Gun" is a Classic. He killed it on "Beverly Hills Cop II". "Days of Thunder" was unbelieveable. "True Romance" was a cult Classic. And Denzel and him had an unbelieveable chemistry. "Crimston Tide" and "Man on Fire" were both amazing films with great acting. "Deja Vu" was also pretty good. "P, 1,2,3 and Unstoppable" weren't perfect but they were still good. This is tragic, I can't believe we lost such a brilliant filmmaker. Again everyone has problems and it doesn't matter if you rich or poor. Sadly Tony felt it wasn't worth it anymore. But as sad as this is, I'm glad people are going to finally look back and give him his proper props as being an amazing director. His style and action is some of the best in film history. R.I.P. and Thank You Tony Scott, you are one of my true inspirations.

Posted Image

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 3

I guess this at least explains why he did it. He didn't want to put himself and his family through the agony of watching his die slowly.So sad....very sad.

And for the record for my box office fans. He had a better Box Office, Domestic, Worldwide and Adjusted than his Brother. Tony will finally get the credit he's always deserved. Sadly he had to die but I'm happy there are a lot of people coming out and admitting how amazing his films were. The cancer story is heartbreaking. It's the moment in life where you make a choice. His choice was that he wasn't going to let the cancer kill him, he would do it himself. You never know the choices and the hand life will give you. I'm sad he didn't feel there was no other way out. But I won't judge him for his decision. Again I really hope people go back and understand how amazing he was. Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Eddie Murphy, Denzel, Brad Pitt, James "Tony Soprano" all in their prime. Think about that. He also brought out the best in vetern Actions Robert Redford, Christopher Walken and Gene Hackman. There aren't enough positive things I can say about Tony Scott. And his death didn't bring out these things, I felt this from the moment I saw "Top Gun" as a child or "Day of Thunder" which actually got me interesting in Nascar. I loved "The Last Boyscout" cause I was a huge Wayne's Family fan growing up as well as Bruce Willis. Watching "True Romance" was unbelieveable. "Crimston Tide" blew me away. I mean again the movies are endless. Like Ron Howard Tweeted. "No More Tony Scott Movies, Tragic". And it is.

• Like 2