Sign in to follow this  
filmscholar

What's Tony Scott's Best Movie???

What's Tony Scott's Best Film??  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is Tony Scott's Best Film????

• The Hunger
    • Top Gun
    • Beverly Hills Cop II
    • Revenge
    • Days of Thunder
    • The Last Boyscout
    • True Romance
    • Crimson Tide
    • The Fan
    • Enemy of the State
    • Spy Game
    • Man on Fire
    • Domino
    • Deja Vu
    • Pelham 1,2,3
    • Unstoppable

With all the talk about suicide, I figured we have a thread focusing on the positive of Tony's life which is his work. He really enjoyed making movies for the fans regardless of what the critics felt. This thread is for people to express what they favorite Tony Scott film is. It is also for people who aren't familiar with his work to get to know his movies a little better. He directed 16 films over 30 years. It was an amazing run. I have to think about what my favorite is:

Posted Image

It's actually a pretty tough list to choose from. I loved Top Gun, Last Boy Scout, Crimson Tide, Enemy of the State. Man on Fire is a tremendous movie. And even the films I'm not that crazy about like Domino or the Fan were always interesting and never boring. But I have to go with True Romance. It's like most of his films, it's very stylized but this time he had some terrific dialogue and a great cast. You know that he would get great performances from people like Gary Oldman, Christopher Walken, Dennis Hopper. And then before they were well known, Brad Pitt and James Gandolfini. But to get a good performance out of someone like Patricia Arquette told me that this guy knew how to work with actors.

Edited by DAR

He was ahead of his time. Beveryly Hills Cop 2 and Top Gun are blockbusters that look like they could be Michael Bay movies.Still my fave of his is Man on Fire. A truly awe-inspired movie and one that almost brought me to tears.

• Like 1

He was ahead of his time. Beveryly Hills Cop 2 and Top Gun are blockbusters that look like they could be Michael Bay movies.Still my fave of his is Man on Fire. A truly awe-inspired movie and one that almost brought me to tears.

I actually did tear up during Man on Fire
  • Like 1

Out of what I've seen: Enemy of the State. I also enjoyed Deja Vu, Pelham 1 2 3, and Unstoppable. Not a fan of Top Gun like many others are, though.

Wow! What a resume. Never cared for his later style with crazy shaky cam but Top Gun, Man on Fire, and Enemy of the State are at the top of my list.

• Like 1

I really liked most of his movies but I'd say Top Gun and Man on Fire. Man on Fire was Oscar worthy IMO.

• Like 1

My Top 5 in no order areTop GunTrue RomanceCrimson TideMan on FireEnemy of the StateI understand why "Top Gun" is getting most of the votes though. The movie is iconic and a true American Classic. Tom would not be TOM without that film.

• Like 1

I have to go with Man on Fire, such a good film, so sad in the end, I love a lot of his films but Man on Fire is his best.

Enemy of the State (he tried to tell us something, but we just don't want to listen)Close behind, Man on Fire and True Romance, but really, he had an awesome resume.

Very tough call as I like so many of these movies, but I went with Man on Fire

• Like 1

A True Classic A True Romance , i cant believe people voted top gun :lol: , man on fire I can almost understand but it's still not even in the same ball park.